“I Never Want to Eat Anywhere Else Again!”
Review of Bar La Grassa

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: 8th St
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Holy balls! I don't know where to begin. My husband and I spur of the moment decided to try this after hearing from friends it is amazing. That is no lie! Even the free food they give you is incredible - the marinated butter beans are to die for, the foccia bread is so light I just kept saying to my husband, this is angel's bread.

We were seated at the pasta bar and I would definitely ask to sit there again. I like sitting side by side anyway, and it's true it's loud in there, but we had no trouble hearing each other. It's great fun to watch the kitchen operate. They really are an amazing operation. Our waiter was awesome. Great personality, knowledgable, attentive, but not too attentive.

We ordered a $30 bottle of wine, a phenomenal gorgonzola and pepper bruschetta, plus three pastas (all 1/2) orders, a lemoncello, and Izzy's ice cream and the whole bill was $78.00! How's that possible?

The red wine pasta with pine nuts was $5. $5!!!!???? Why does anyone go to Subway? The gnocchi with cauliflower and orange was worthy of the rave reviews. The pasta with roasted squash was the loser of the group, but only because the other two were literally some of the most delicious foods I've ever put into my mouth!

We will be back. We will bring friends so we can try more! My husband is a vegetarian and even by ordering these 4 dishes there's still at least 4 more vegetarian options we can try next time!

1  Thank Syneva B

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great value, service and atmosphere. The pasta dishes were savory and the decor was modern and inviting at the same time.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've been to Bar La Grassa with my husband for an anniversary meal and now again with 6 girlfriends. It's a fun place with so many menu choices. I love the option of a half serving, so you can try several things. Friendly, knowledgeable wait staff and a lively environment make for a fun dinner experience. It's noisy, but it's always busy, so it's expected.

1  Thank Retired6812
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I go to Minneapolis a few times each year and this was my first visit to Bar La Grassa. It was a Wednesday night and we had a 7:00pm reservation. The place was packed and we had to wait 10 minutes. Good for them! Really nice interior with exposed brick and pine plank floors. My only negative is I hate having to yell at dinner or have the wait staff repeat everything. Does life always have to come with a loud urban backbeat? Really? Why not let the food do the talking? We had great Sweetbreads simply prepared, nice and crispy. House made Ricotta Bruschetta was a real treat. Delicious Arancini and a great Watercress Salad with Heirloom Carrots (maybe remove the stems in the watercress?). Fresh pasta was very tasty if just ever so slightly on the "doughy" side. Veal Ragout was a stand out as was rabbit. For dessert get the Salted Caramel Crespelle while you can.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had a gnocchi with cauliflower and orange that was fantastic. I have never seen a meal like this on any menu, and it was so good that this is now my "go to" favorite place for a nice meal.