“A wonderful experience.”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: 8th St
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were in Minneapolis attending a conference and wanted to take some valued customers to dinner. The private dinning room was just perfect - controllable music, atmospheric lighting and just close enough to the main restaurant to get the atmosphere but private enough to talk business.

Our waiter was amazing. He was extremely knowledgeable and professional and helped us choose our meals. I would give him 6 stars if I could.

We all had a starter followed by a main and shared the chicken and pork dishes. Every dish was excellent and everyone commented on how great the food was. The wine was reasonably priced too.

This is a meal / experience that will be remembered for a long time. Thank you to the staff for making it a wonderful occasion.

1  Thank Joanne R

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our evening at Bar la Grassa was exactly as the title says: a good one. I wont jump and say that it was the best culinary experience that I have ever had, but it was above average on all accounts. They had a decent wine list with selections that would go with almost all of their dishes. I especially liked the two hand-made pasta dishes that I shared that evening. The decor in the restaurant was fabulous, though. The light fixtures were very true to the style of the building (renovated warehouse), and I do not know HOW they found an antique mirror that size in one piece! As it is such a popular restaurant, it can be a little crowded. If you are going for a romantic evening, make sure to call ahead by at least a day so you can get a decent seat. They have several two top tables that are about 6 inches away from the next one, which makes the dining experience fairly awkward. Our server did not know enough about the wine list to make any recommendations that evening, but I'm sure that was an isolated experience. All in all though, the food and wine we chose along with the [incredibly low] price we paid, this was well worth the trip.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Arrived to find they'd misplaced our reservation. They were incredibly accommodating, and seated us in the private dining room. Server was incredible - one of the most knowledgeable, patient, and thorough waitresses I've ever had.

Can't speak to the design of the rest of the restaurant, but the private dining room is perfect for business dinners. Decor isn't overbearing, lighting is set just right. Menu is excellent.

Must haves from the menu: duck confit with taleggio, mushroom and taleggio agnolotti, calamarata with raw tuna (seriously tasty), and the lamb meatballs. No a fish person usually but the market fish was great as well. I'll be back next time I'm in town.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I'd been hearing about Bar La Grassa for quite some time but it wasn't until I moved to the Warehouse District in Minneapolis that we were able to walk over and enjoy this amazing meal. I'm guessing you need reservations but me and my wife just sat at the bar and had a mini-tasting. I would highly recommend this for your first time. The food was made with absolute care and tasted amazing. Anything you try there will be amazing and they have a chef who has won the James Beard award. Great stuff!

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

5 of us experienced this awesome restaurant. We let the waitress pick out everything for a four course meal: it was awesome! Eggs and lobster were one of many favorites