“Can you say delicious!”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: 8th St
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The week before I went on a business trip to Minneapolis, a colleague visited the city and returned to the office raving about Bar La Grassa. So I was thrilled when I found out our group was booked at the restaurant for the week I was going to be in Minneapolis. She was right-on, Bar La Grassa is a fabulous restaurant!

We were a group of eight. We ordered a few appetizers all fabulous. Because almost everything on the menu sounded delicious, we agreed that the eight of us would each order a different item and share it with the table family style. Nothing disappointed. Nothing! It is hard to select the standouts in a meal where every dish shined. I ordered the Red Wine Spaghetti which I enjoyed greatly... so much so I asked for the recipe so I could make it at home.

Service was also very good. Even the bread basket was fantastic. There is not a single suggestion I have to improve Bar La Grassa. I wish they would open one in NYC!

Make a reservation!! This place fills up fast.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

They offer smaller or larger portions and everything I've had here has been fantastic. It's a bit easier to get a reservation now it's been open a while but if you don't get one, they have a bar area you can sit at and order the full menu.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Great, great food. Ambiance and service also wonderful. 112 Eatery is also top notch because its the same chef so you do the math and pick one or both! It can be spendy for a full meal so be prepared. La Grassa is great for couple and groups as it is a sharing plates type of place...really lets you get a taste of everything. 112 Eatery tends to have a smaller and more intimate feel.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

As an aspiring foodie, I must say I had an amazing time at Bar La Grassa. My boyfriend and I ate family style and ate a couple starter courses, entrees and had dessert and I think I ate and went to heaven. The service was great and that atmosphere was cozy.

If I could only eat one thing again for the rest of my life it would be the faux gras tortellini from Bar La Grassa.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Bar La Grassa is a great restaurant in the warehouse district of downtown Minneapolis. It has a fun , upscale casual atmosphere. The chef, Isaac Becker was named the best chef - Midwest by the James J Beard Award Foundation and the excellent food, just made for sharing, doesn't disappoint. My husband and I usually go with with friends which gives us the opportunity to order and try more of BLG's excellent small pasta plates. Every time I go I choose a new favorite.
Besides the pasta that BLG is known for, they have a few "main plate" items that are just listed as "Chicken" or "Fish" (the knowledgeable servers are more than happy to give you the lowdown on how these are prepared)
It's a place that we love to go with friends for a fun evening out and where we know that the food and dining experience are going to be great and on top of that, it doesn't break the bank!