“The flavors are still playing in my head two days later.”
Review of Bar La Grassa

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: 8th St
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Oh, my. One of the best dining experiences in many months. Food, service, ambiance, all wonderful. Compared to Travail...well, no comparison. Just go.

1  Thank Com4tableAdventure

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Always a fun stop for a dinner in the North Loop. The wait can be painful and the bar is packed as a waiting area. A bit indifferent to your wait, why would they be otherwise, the place is always packed.
Love the fresh pastas, not as crazy about the lobster / egg dish as everyone seems to be, but it's still good. The tuna pasta is amazing, it's just so rich be careful not to order a full order unless you're splitting.
Great fish, good wine selection. Typically sit at the back bar facing the kitchen, which gets you a nice vantage of the prep areas. Loud and boisterous atmosphere. We've been there at least 8 times in the past year. Haven't been disappointed.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My family and I dined there during a Christmas outing. The atmosphere of the restaurant is really fun and the food was excellent. The wine list is really, really good too.

We had a great experience. My only complaint is that it is too popular and hard to get into!

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

It is tradition to dine with my mom and sister on my birthday. My mom likes the older, classic restaurants, my sister prefers casual places, and I'm a foodie. We are a hard group to please. We are also Italian-blooded women.

BLG was able to satisfy all of us, and I was thrilled--THRILLED--to see squid-ink pasta with sea urchin! And they knew how to prepare it, simply and exquisitely, to develop the delicate flavors of those precious ingredients (no maple syrup or foam or cilantro or any of that hoopla on this fine dish). It was topped with beautifully cooked mussels.
We also had the old standby, gnocchi with cauliflower, a pasta bolognese, a few starters, and a Ca del Baiao red that was delicious.
We left happy and pleasantly full.
I love this place!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

The customer I was meeting with during this trip picked this restaurant for our dinner. I loved the look and feel inside the restaurant and they had a great gluten free menu. It was easy to hear each other during dinner even though the place was packed. Be careful with the candy they give you at the end of the meal, it's great but it has some spicyness to it that was unexpected.

1  Thank Matthew P