“Good fish & chips but not to English standard.”

Anchor Fish and Chips
Ranked #35 of 1,862 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 10, 2014

It was just OK. The fish was done well but the batter way to heavy. The chips were - french fries. Service attentive and the hostess did ask how everything was.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I am really fussy about fish & chips. My Mum was born in Preston, Lancashire, England so when I want fish & chips it has to be perfect.

I've been to The Anchor many times over the past few years and each time this meal has been perfect. Further, I have never been disappointed.

Their other selections must be good, but, I must confess, I am always seduced by the best fish & chips in town.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

My first time, my GFs 4th...Awesome place for an early Saturday evening dinner.

We share meals to save on money and calories and the fish and chips is awesome for both! You are served 2 large pieces of golden deep fried fish and a basket of fries. The fish is crispy, not over breaded, and snow white on the inside. Very tasty! The chips are hand cut and good. They lightly salt them for extra flavor. You do have to pay for a side of tarter sauce, but only .50.

We had waters, not big drinkers and the whole meal for us was $13 and that is with tip!

We sat outside on a very small patio, but it was fun people watching. We wanted quiet and low key and it worked out well for us. Inside seemed very busy and busily and fun for people looking for a authentic F&C atmosphere. Service wasn't snappy, but she was very friendly and our food came fast.

Afterwards we walked down the street to a fun pottery shop and a used bookstore. Very lovely date night.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

They probably have other things on the menu but every time we go we end up ordering the fish and chops because it's just so darn tasty! Of all the truly excellent restaurants in the city (and there are many!) this is where my husband always wants to go for his birthday dinner -- decent beer selection, including some local choices, very modest wine selection but -- let's face it -- it's really all about the fish and chips!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Anchor Fish and Chips has the best Fish and Chips around. The food is amazing and the portion sizes are huge! We went there with 3 people and shared 2 orders of fish and chips and that was perfect. Awesome food!