“Best Fish and Chips in US. From a Brit Ex-pat”

Anchor Fish and Chips
Ranked #54 of 1,843 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Absolutely hands down the best Fish and Chips I've had in 18 years living in the USA .The owners are Irish Ex-pats and must've brought what they knew with them. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. The staff are fantastic and the prices are set for the working man so I always leave a sizeable tip otherwise I feel I've cheated them!
So do yourself a favor and go for a some Fish & Chips and a pint of Kilkenny to wash it down with. You won't be disappointed!! Just one point. I wish they did Malt vinegar instead of white vinegar.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

And that sums it up. This place has phenomenal fish and chips. Every time we go, I want to try something different, but can't bear to miss out on the fish. If i lived nearby, I'd eat here five times one week, just to get a chance to try something different!

White vinegar on the fish & chips only, not malt here.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Tried to get in on a Friday night but 1 hr wait, so we went back for lunch on Saturday. The best and largest portion of fish and chips I ever had, you will take some home! Well worth the visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Went on a Sunday night, place was packed, we sat at the bar, Two of us ordered the Veggie Pastie, it is by far the best I have ever had. the other two had fish and chips, the serving is more than ample and the fish was flakey and tasty. Can't wait for my next trip back to go there again. The staff is well organized and friendly.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

... except the wait. Shepherds pie, delish. Fish 'n chips. Near perfection. A pint of Guinness. Oh, yeah! Nice wait staff, fun patrons.

But about that wait...