“Mind-blowing”

Dining options: Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mind-blowing”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Absolutely mind-blowing fish and chips, and I've had it in Southern California, Florida, New England, etc. Great ambiance, selection of beers, and above all the VALUE is splendid. Love coming here every time.

• Visited December 2012

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“There's no better fish & chips in the cities”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Wow! This place is great! The fish and chips are phenomenal and the price is great! I highly recommend Anchor Fish and Chips to anyone. There's only one downside: due to their general awesomeness they are usually packed. Show up early or be prepared to wait.

• Visited December 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best fish for your money”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

HUGE portions of deep friend fish laying atop a ginormous pile of fries. Get there early as the line will wrap around the block after 5 pm.

Visited September 2012
Minneapolis
“They're right! Best fish and chips in the Twin Cities.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Not that I have had fish and chips everywhere in the Twin Cities, but this place definitely has some excellent fish and chips. My husband even said that they were better than the ones he had in England. They give you a huge piece of fish that is battered and fried to perfection. The chips are nice thick steak fries. The atmosphere inside is cozy and fun. I loved the open kitchen behind the bar. We went on a week night and it was pretty busy for dinner, but we were seated within 10 minutes. The music was a little loud for one in my party and my toddler son was not so into the fish and chips. I had wished for a kids menu to get him a small size of something different.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank hope2wander
West Fargo, North Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Burger, yes Burger!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Recently ate at Anchor with my sister and her boyfriend and was told about their fish and chips and how great they were, but was hungry for a burger. I ordered the helicopter burger (1/2 pound burger, real ham, fried egg, fried onions & irish cheese) and was glad I did, AWESOME. Loved the actual ham, not deli sliced. I tried my sisters fish and chips and they were very good as well, but was very happy with my choice. Eat more burgers!!

• Visited October 2012