“Very nice brunch venue!”
Review of Loring Kitchen and Bar - CLOSED

Loring Kitchen and Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Grant
Transit: There are many Public Transit options close by on Hennepin or Nicollet. Bus Route 25 stops right in front of the restaurant on Willow Street.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I've been to Loring Kitchen and Bar numerous times over the past couple of years, so I'm combining my reviews and spotlighting three notable visits that seem to cover a variety of occasions.

Nov 2012 - I phone LKB about a week ago to let them know we were planning a happy hour event for a friend's birthday and give them a heads up that the size of the group was growing rapidly at 25+. By phone, we had discussed a location such as the portico area where we could have a gathering space to mingle. When we arrived, they had instead opted for the very long booth/table (2 across). While it wasn't quite what we had expected, it worked out just fine and guests were able to move freely between tables to talk. For the size of the group, service was reasonable - very pleasant. LKB was able to bring out a slice of cake with a candle for the birthday as well. I had the Big Pink (served in a martini glass) and that was delicious. Groups of this size should expect a 20% gratuity to be added.

June 2012 - I had a friend visiting from Portland and we decided to meet at LKB for brunch before walking the Sculpture Garden at the Walker across the street. The bellinis were wonderful and the brunch meals were delicious. Service was good and we loved sitting outside in the beautiful weather.

July 2011 - A small group of my friends arranged my birthday dinner at LKB. After being seated, we were told that our friend from San Francisco who wasn't able to attend in person has requested a bottle of Veuve to be delivered to the table with his compliments. The presentation of the bottle was lovely and the service was wonderful. The dinner experience was perfect.

Generally speaking, decor and ambiance is great at LKB. The valet is complimentary which we all really appreciate. Service may not be spectacular, but I'd still rate it as good to very good. I think they are often just understaffed so you do need to be patient. Prices are very reasonable, especially brunch and happy hour. You can use Open Table to secure a reservation in advance as well.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is the second time there..first time was not too good, wanted to give it another chance..still have the same reaction.

I mean i had the turkey club sandwich ..and i would have prefered the one at arbys ! . The seating is nice and the place is comfortable..but the food is very poorly prepared.
No urge to go there again

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Nice atmosphere. Fun, hip place. GREAT food and GREAT service. We arrived at 1 p.m. on a Sat. and some of us ordered breakfasts and some sandwiches and our entire party was very happy with their selection. Complimentary valet parking...which is mandatory as there are no parking ramps nearby and impossible street parking. Waiter told us you MUST have reservations on Sunday or you will wait a long time. We tried out their Happy Hour on a Wed. eve and were very pleased with the $3 beer selection and the great appetizer selections. We will go back often!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We arrived for lunch at 1:30 and it appeared that the only server at that time was the bartender. Service was friendly, but slow - was it the fault of the kitchen or the server? - impossible to determine. The turkey club sandwich was delicious. However, the meat in the reuben sandwich was tough and my friends gave up trying to eat it. The wild rice soup was watery and flavorless. The area of the restaurant that faces the park is pleasant, but the cuisine is erratic. Bummer

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Through the urging of friends we were talked into giving Loring Kitchen and Bar another chance. I am happy to report that the service has improved greatly and we were not ignored this time. The food was good and well seasoned. There seems to still be a disconnect between the restauraunt floor and the bartenders as getting your orders from the bar can be very slow.