“Awesome Meal!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Northeast Social
Ranked #415 of 1,790 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 13th and 4th
Duluth, MN
“Awesome Meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I love this place -- its romantic, its fun, its charming, its everything you want it to be! My boyfriend and I ventured here for dinner recently and adored the food and atmosphere. Our waiter, Michael, was also fantastic. He was incredibly informative and fun. The atmposphere is really cool. Its seems just like a small, charming, neighborhood cafe -- but their food is everything but. We started out with the market cheese which was a sweet and almost cream cheese like (I wish I could remember the name!). The cheese came with some marmalade, crostini, and a small salad of some kind of sprouts. All together, it made a perfectly delicious and slightly sweet appetizer. We also ordered the charcuterie, which was pretty good. I especially enjoyed the duck prosciutto on this plate. The other cured meats were deliciously salty as well. For our entree, we ordered the pork chop. The chop was cooked to perfection, and the smokey sauce it was served with made a perfect pair with the sweetness of the pork. This dish also came with a sweet potato hash -- my only complaint was that we weren't able to enjoy the sweet potatos as much because the sauce overpowered them. Overall, a fantastic place to eat. Definitely met my expectations. Also, don't rely on their online menu -- its not 100% identical to the one you will receive in the restaurant.

• Visited April 2012

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“NE Social is Always a Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We (my boyfriend and I) were so happy to see when NE Social opened. We live in Minnetonka, but own two duplexes mere blocks from NE Social, and are always looking for great reasons to come into town and enjoy a great dinner. NE Social provides this without exception.

I have never been there when it hasn't been completely packed. Reservations are a must, but are not too hard to get a few weeks in advance of your date. Each of the four times we have gone, we have gotten the cheese special of the day. HIGHLY recommend this as the start to your meal . It's always different, of high quality and creates a very memorable start to your night.

The servers are very adept at wine suggestions, and they have a wine menu that is very nice that isn't going to break the bank. Typically, I have found myself ordering the special of the night, so I can't really speak to 'must-have' menu items. I can tell you that from fish to fowl - I have never been disappointed in my meal, and have thoroughly enjoyed my experience.

The low lighting, opulent bar and general feeling that the place is simply hopping gives it the perfect date night atmosphere. In the summer, they have front windows that fully open which gives a great connection to the outside. The street that NE Social is on is adorable - very well developed area with all unique options - no chains. The ONLY comment that I have is that in the winter, it can be a little cold sitting near the door. The staff does everything they can (curtain around door area, fans, etc) to prevent the cold breezes, but if you are a cold person, I would advise making your reservations early and asking for a table near the back, away from the draft.

In addition to enjoying NE Social for a date night, it's also a great place to bring out of town relatives. My parents love coming back to this place and enjoy the feeling of being out on the town.

I can't say enough about the experiences I have had there. I am heading back in two weeks to have dinner with some friends that just moved to the NE area. I can't wait to show off this gem, and enjoy another great meal.

• Visited November 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Busy, zippy, fun place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

This place is part of the "trendy northeast scene" in minneapolis . . . Packed on a recent Saturday evening. Need reservations. I'm finicky about fish, and this kitchen cooked salmon wonderfully (too often fish is over cooked). Great salads, friendly staff, nice wine and beer list.

• Visited January 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Trifecta of food, service and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

My husband and I went here for a Saturday night pre-show. The service was great. Very attentive and friendly. It was quite crowded so I am glad we had a reservation. It has a nice nieghborhood vibe - couples, groups of friends, familes. It was loud but we could still talk. My husband's pork tenderloin was awesome. The only negative thing I can say is I would like to see at least one more vegetarian item on the menu. I had the gnocchi and it was good but not great. Highly recommend this place.

• Visited November 2011
Edina
“Wow: Food & Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

This is a great find. The food is excellent, the wait staff were knowledgeable and very engaging, the atmosphere is up tempo and fun, and the room and bar were decorated fabulously for Halloween. Perfect on all counts. We will return!

• Visited October 2011