“Another wonderful trip on the Segway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magical History Tour

Magical History Tour
Ranked #1 of 24 Tours in Minneapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Mobile Entertainment LLC was the first Segway tour operator in the country when Segway launched in 2003. We’ve been evangelizing the fun of the Segway platform as an alternative form of transportation ever since! In spring of 2004 we opened up our retail store, “The Magical History Tour” at our 125 Main Street location in the historic district of downtown Minneapolis. We’ve traveled all over Minnesota and the United States with the largest fleet of Segways maintained in the country at any one location.
Wailea, Hawaii, United States
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Another wonderful trip on the Segway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have done the history tour many times and loved it but this time I wanted longer rides. The evening ride to the Minneapolis' Sculpture Garden is a fabulous way to spend a summer evening in Minneapolis. The Twins had played in the afternoon so we were able to go right up to Gate 34 and see all the sculptures that the regular ticket holders don't get to see. After speeding thru SG and Lorning park we headed for Nicollet Mall where we were able to talk our "Leader" into a beer stop at Brit's and than down the Mall we flew. So much fun.
This is a true blast and should not be missed whether you live here or are visiting.

Visited May 2014

Kearney, NE
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“What an amazing adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My 13 year old son and I have never been on a Segway so we were a little scared to try this. Segways are completely easy to figure out and operate and a fantastic way to explore the city and learn some history. We would do this again in a heartbeat! If you have bad knees like me, I recommend wearing your knee brace as the bumps on the road don't feel so good jarring your knee. And take a backpack to hold your belongings as you will want to take pictures. This truly was a fantastic experience - it has my highest recommendation!

1 Thank lifedream
Hicksville, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a Blast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I totally enjoyed our Segway tour of the riverfront of Minneapolis. The guides were very good at teaching how to use the Segway. At first, I didn't think I would we able to manage it but they encouraged me to continue to practice and if I did not feel comfortable I would not be charged. Well, sure enough, I did feel comfortable using it and very much enjoyed the tour.

Our primary guide was Grant, who was adorable and knowledgeable. But there were several guides around to help.

We mostly used bicycle paths around the river and went across the bridges. We learned about the building of several bridges and the collapsing of one, and we stopped at the Mill City Museum for a break and a snack, which was appreciated. We also saw St. Anthony's Falls and learned about the milling history of Minneapolis.

If you've got the time, give this a shot.

1 Thank justmecpb
Juneau, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun and learnt about the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My son and I really enjoyed this tour. It was first time on Segways for both of us but the training was excellent and we were feeling comfortable in no time. Our guide, Greg shared the city's history in an engaging way and made the whole trip fun and memorable. I loved the water and cookie break. It was good to stop at intervals and take in the views along the Mississippi. All staff were friendly and helpful. The issue of Segway licences are a great gag and we made good use of the 25% voucher off nearby restaurants they provided. All in all, a great experience.

1 Thank Sue B
Tideswell, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great guides, great tour, great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Really enjoyed my Segway tour of Mill area around the mississippi. Tour guides were knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.