“Tourist for a day”

Magical History Tour
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in Minneapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Mobile Entertainment LLC was the first Segway tour operator in the country when Segway launched in 2003. We’ve been evangelizing the fun of the Segway platform as an alternative form of transportation ever since! In spring of 2004 we opened up our retail store, “The Magical History Tour” at our 125 Main Street location in the historic district of downtown Minneapolis. We’ve traveled all over Minnesota and the United States with the largest fleet of Segways maintained in the country at any one location.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our group of five decided to "play tourist" and take a segway tour. Although we all live or work in Mpls and three of us were born and raised here, we all learned and saw something new. Our tour took us places that we didn't even know existed. Riding the Segway was a little intimidating and there were some falls and crashes, but no one was hurt and the falls became part of the adventure. Several guides accompanied us and were quick to lend a hand to anyone who needed a little help. The cost is a little steep, especially for a family ($80), but you receive discounts to restaurants and additional tours. Free cookies and beverages too. You can also get a free T-Shirt and the guides take pictures of the tour group "in action" which you can download for free. It's too bad that children have to be 12 years old - I'll have to wait several years and take all the grandchildren. All in all, I highly recommend this tour for everyone.

There are newer reviews for Magical History Tour

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Tim, Alex and Katie were our tour guided who made the trip memorable, exciting and entertaining! I was extremely nervous and a little embarrassed that the elderly folks on our tour were driving around without difficulty. Katie and Alex helped me to be more confident, distracted me with fun chit-chat and were really great to hang out with for the morning! Would def recommend as we saw so many great areas of the city that we would not have got to see otherwise. My son and husband LOVED it!

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I was in town visiting college friends who suggested this...what a blast! The instructional part of the tour (how to use a Segway) did not take up too much time and was actually entertaining as well as informative. The guides (3 of them for a group of 12, which seemed perfect) were knowledgable about the city's history, funny, patient and helpful. I was impressed that they learned everyone's names so quickly, which made the tour more personal. There were plenty of breaks to stop and take photos, etc. Don't be intimidated about the Segway--it's quite easy to learn and, once you get comfortable, it's SO much fun! Do not miss this tour on your visit to the Twin Cities.

1  Thank jendimond
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I bought my husband a gift certificate as a birthday gift because I knew that he would think it was cool to ride around on a Segway. Little did I know that I would love this tour because of the interesting things I learned about Minneapolis! (I also felt pretty cool riding around on the Segway.) The three hour tour went by so quickly and I was sad to see it end. We rode around the area surrounding the Mississippi River and learned some of the history of how Minneapolis because the great city that it is today. Tour Guide Gary was great at story telling and keeping me interested in what he was saying. There were plenty of rest stops to get off the Segway. The tour employees were very attentive and were ready to help anyone whenever they had troubles. I would definitely recommend this to anyone! Tourists or long-time Minneapolis residents will all enjoy this trip!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was so fun! We did the Magical Tour in Minneapolis. There were 4 of us in all--2 in their 50's and 2 in their 20's. My mother probably had the most trouble out of the entire group of us that went at our tour time and the guides were awesome! (There were probably 20 of us in the whole group.) They always made sure she was able to get through some of the trickier spots and helped her get on and off--and they were very patient. The staff had a great sense of humor and it was a great way to see the city. We even used the free admission to the Mill City Museum and the 25% off coupon you get for some restaurants. Would totally do this again!