“Wonderful!”

Magical History Tour
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in Minneapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Mobile Entertainment LLC was the first Segway tour operator in the country when Segway launched in 2003. We’ve been evangelizing the fun of the Segway platform as an alternative form of transportation ever since! In spring of 2004 we opened up our retail store, “The Magical History Tour” at our 125 Main Street location in the historic district of downtown Minneapolis. We’ve traveled all over Minnesota and the United States with the largest fleet of Segways maintained in the country at any one location.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Until now, I thought that Segway city tours were cheesy. (Segways have an image problem.) BUT this tour with the Magical History Tour folks in Minneapolis completely changed my mind. What a wonderful way to see the beautiful riverfront! Lots of fun, great tour guides, and just the right amount of history. Highly recommended -- even from a skeptic.

1  Thank MJ_006

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I took the Magical History Tour of Minneapolis via segways for a birthday treat to ourselves. It was a most interesting way to see Minneapolis. Aside from being very informative.. we had an absolute blast riding the segways! We drove on the beautiful trails along the Mississippi River and through interesting communities that are located along the famous river. The staff was very knowledgeable and their edgy personalities added a fun twist to the tour. The three hours went by in a hurry. We would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to have a fresh look at the wonderful city of Minneapolis!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I am by nature a chicken so the thought of me ever doing this was remote. My cousin invited us so we went and had a WONDERFUL time. We went on the Magical History Tour which takes you on both sides of the Mississippi in downtown Minneapolis. Initially, one of the guides showed each of us how to get on and off the segway and led us a few feet, next we went inside and got a helmet, then we watched a video. It was good that we saw the videa AFTER we first tried out the segway or it might of scared us off. I know they have to make you aware of all the dangers. Next you get your segway and walk across the street, under and overpass, and receive more instruction and some practice. After that you are off on an adventure.

It was REALLY easy and fun. We had a gorgeous day. There were 15 or so in our group plus 5 guides. We toured along and would stop and hear the history of Minneapolis. We got to see 8 different wedding parties including one that bicycled across the bridge to Nicollet Island, probably a 75 people on bikes.

About half way through we stopped at the Mill Museum for a bathroom break, a drink and a large cookie. I wish we had had time to spend in the musuem.

At the end of the tour they give you your own segway driver's license, 25% off coupons for four of the restaurants in the area and a free pass to the Mill Museum. The individual cost of the tour per person was $80. Afterwards we ate at one of the restaurants.

It was a wonderful way to spend a sunny, pleasant afternoon and a chicken highly recommends it. We also got free parking with a validated ticket.

1  Thank plan2gosoon
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had a fantastic time seeing new things in the city we have lived in for years. The staff is great, the views are beautiful, and the Segways are a blast! I would do the St Paul tour also in the future. It is a great idea for when one has out of town guests, or just to be a tourist in your own home town.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Let me say first and foremost, I am NOT co-ordinated. I was pretty worried about being able to do this and not kill myself or someone else! I am very happy to report, I did it, I survived, and it was a BLAST!
The staff are so great..........very patient and helpful and never make you feel bad for your foibles!
They take you for a practice run before you start the tour and make sure you are comfortable before you head off. These people are fun-ny! They forewarn you of any hazards (Dead Man's Curb) and are right there to assist if you need a little push!
This is a very fun way to spend a few hours outside enjoying the sun and the city and it's history. A great family or corporate activity.
If you've been thinking about doing this, stop thinking and just do it!

1  Thank welovetravelCanada