“We stayed there at Christmas and had a lovely experience.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center)

Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center)
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Minneapolis
Falls Church, Virginia
“We stayed there at Christmas and had a lovely experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel was clean and the staff was great. Many restaurants were closed for the holiday but the staff helped us find great choices. They printed directions and information on the restaurants and made reservations for us. We felt like we were at an expensive boutique hotel.

Parking was additional but convenient and breakfast was great. Staff at breakfast again were in the excellent category.

We had some family members stop by and we really enjoyed the seating area in the lobby. It felt like our own living room.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and really didn't hear a thing from any other travelers.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

On a recent trip to the cities for a convention, I found this hotel and after a quick read through Tripadvisor, decided to side with the positive reviews and the reasonable price.

The Hotel was quiet and pleasant. Well within easy walking of the convention center and any food amenities you might need. In winter, you would need to take a short walk outside in order to reach the transit walkways that connect many of the downtown buildings and allow for coat-free travel.

Parking is not a problem. My suggestion however would be to not bother with the hotel parking. The lot is tiny and access will be hit and miss; there is a large municipal parking ramp right across the street. Parking might even be cheaper on the public ramp.

Took us a bit of driving around to find the place. If you are not familiar with the area, your attention might be distracted by the immediate traffic navigation needs of the wide street and the hotel is easy to miss. It is almost immediately after you get on 11th street on the left hand side. GPS was not a big help in pinpointing the spot!

Breakfast was a notch above what many business hotels offer as far as variety and quality.

All in all, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The downtown Minneapolis area gets very quiet at night so room selection should not be an issue.
New Milford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Convenient location for the convention center. Not worth $180 that we were charged as a convention attendee. There regular rate when there isn't a conference is more acceptable at about $90. Room was clean and the wifi worked.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed four days at this hotel for business. It was selected due to its proximity to the Convention Center and its cost (cheaper than its neighbor rivals). I think one reason for its cheap price relates to why I liked it so much -- it was relatively small. It consequently felt more personable. Management was professional, and the room and general facility was well maintained. Perhaps the only valued perk that was missing was a restaurant/bar. However, I'd much prefer to miss this amenity in place for a smaller scale establishment at cheaper price.

Moses Lake, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We choose this Hotel because we thought we could depend on the consistency of Holiday Inn Express standards.
This hotel does not even come close to the level of service and cleanliness we have always experienced when we have stayed at Holiday Inns in the past. The common areas in the hotel were dirty (the elevator was downright icky), the carpets needed to be vacuumed walls were marked and dirty in areas. We were sent to a room that house keeping had not even cleaned yet. We went to the front desk and told them our room was dirty. The response was "how dirty?". Does it matter how dirty????? They sent us to a new room that had been cleaned and was adequate.
To be fair, I need to give them a heads up for the continental breakfast. It was very good.

When I got home I realized I had left my Clairisonic facial cleaning system in the room (a $120.00 value item). I called them the very next day to report it. I was told someone would call me back about it and no one did. I called again the next day and was promised a call back but again no one did. I called AGAIN and complained about the lack of follow through on the lost item. I was told they could not locate the item but would call me if it is ever found. I'm not holding my breath!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

one block from the Convention Center you have a small, comfortable, clean hotel with good service at a great price. My room was very large with a king size bed, desk with ethernet cable as well as free Wi-Fi connection. There is a coffeemaker but no mini bar and no microwave nor fridge. There is a free breakfast which can be delivered to your room if you wish or you can eat it in the (small) breakfast room....nothing fancy but well worth it as it's included in the room price. The staff are very helpful, I got a free safety deposit box, they were efficient with my wake-up calls and ordering cabs....
For convenience for conferencing, you can't do better for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Moorhead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed here for two nights. My room was very large. I had a queen-sized bed, couch, desk area with directions for connecting through either Wifi or the provided ethernet cable, and a kitchenette with a microwave, refrigerator and cabinets. The room was super clean and was very comfortable and easy to work in. The free breakfast was also good and consisted of standard hotel staples such as powdered scrambled eggs, hash browns, cereals, milk, juice, etc. I'd definitely stay here again because it was well worth the price for the room, helpful staff, the breakfast, and the location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business