“Excellent lunch on a hunch”
Review of Roat Osha - CLOSED

Roat Osha
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We happened to be driving by on the way to friends' when this attractive restaurant caught our eye. We parked across the street, but almost didn't cross because the place looked dark and closed. We caught a break in traffic, so decided to check it out. We were so glad we did. We were a bit early for lunch, so the service was very attentive and prompt. After the delicious spring roll with salad appetizer, our entrees arrived quickly and piping hot.

The prices are a bit more than we sometimes pay for Thai food, but the ingredients were a notch above the average freshness, and the atmosphere and decor are definitely higher end. We were very pleased with our experience, and suggested that a sign on the busy street would help people know for sure that they were open. We wouldn't want anyone to miss this lovely dining spot.

1  Thank Camera425

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was the first time my husband and I ate Thai and it was a great experience. Our waiter was very friendly and informative; he answered many of our questions in regards to what eat food was and some of the differences in sauces. He gave us his suggestions, which we tried and were very happy. The chicken thai fried rice portion was HUGE! Expect to share or take leftovers home. The meals were a bit pricy, but the food was good. Well worth the trip.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant in the uptown area offers nice parking. The restaurant is attractive although not elaborately so. The fresh spring rolls were good. The signature dish of green curried walleye ordered medium was quite hot. I can do spicy food but the medium isn't by Midwestern standard so be aware. The prices for appetizers run from $6 to around $10 and the main courses are mostly from middle teens to around twenty. My walleye had a nice tasty sauce but the fish itself was over cooked. I thought prices are a tab bit on the high side. There is happy hour drink discount but no happy hour food items. Overall, the food is ok, service ordinary and the ambiance is also ok. Value is a little bit short. Parking is good. That area can be difficult for street parking.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is my 3rd visit to this restaurant in the last 2 months. Every time there is some or the other problem. One time the waiter brought us the wrong order. I assume many ppl who try Thai for the 1st time, might not realise that they are eating the wrong order. He did not bother to apologize. So one of our entree was taken back, and some had to wait, while other in the grp had to eat theirs.
This last time, our food was so cold that we barely ate. We were there to celebrate Mom's day, and it was ruined due to the food.. We did not want to send back the food to warm it, as it took a long time to get our order out, and we were ready to eat. My guess is that the food had been sitting in the kitchen for long.
After trying it for so many times, I am done with this restaurant. The waiters do not understand the meaning of "appetizers". !! Appetizers-- are something you bring out before the entree. And not with the entree!!
I wasted a lot of $$ there , plus it ruined our day. Not going back there. I really don't understand the 4 stars ppl are giving here.
I would love to talk with a manager/owner of this place, if they care to.
I had made a reservation over the phone, and they could not locate it. Thankfully, it was pretty vacant.
I surely do not recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very good food and good service. My table shared the Appetizer Platter with the Basil Shrimp Rolls. The shrimp rolls were excellent and the Fried Spring Rolls were great. I had the Spicy Curry with White Ginger. It was very tasty but i overestimated my heat taking ability. I love spicy food but this was a little beyond my ability to eat comfortably. The waiter said the dish was probably a 4 out of five on their heat meter. I still ate it all but I had to take my time. Our table also had the Pad Nam Sriracha and the Mee Kah Teeh and everyone loved their dish. The waiter was good but very busy so he was not able to pay us as much attention as we would have liked. We will definitely go back when the weather is nicer to enjoy the patio.