Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown
Hilton Minneapolis(Minneapolis)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
1,449 results
All reviewsconvention centerfront deskvalet parkingtown carvalet staffbreakfast buffetthe entire staffbusiness tripfew blockslight railhotel staffenjoyed my stayvery nice hotelshuttle serviceper daynice stayconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We spent two nights here recently while visiting for the Vikings vs Browns. It is a good place to stay. I did not like the $24 per night valet parking...but it is what it is I guess. The hotel is within walking distance of the Metrodome, and all of the food joints in town. I already have them booked for my next game. The rooms are nice. I did not really enjoy the beds...but I still slept. No free breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for the stellar feedback Jgallen33. Football season is one of our favorites and we're happy you are able to share it with us! As you have stated you already have your next night booked with us, I hope you were able to take advantage of one of our parking packages, which is inclusive of one vehicle per night of your stay, with no additional $24 a night charge. Also, our beds are adjustable! If you don't like how firm or soft the bed is upon your arrival, please adjust it to your liking.
We are excited for your return! GO Vikings!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I spent 3 nights here and it was an ok stay with a few complaints. Upon check-in I was upgraded from a room with two beds to a corner King room on the 9th floor. I appreciated the corner room because of the windows on two walls which overlooked the city. The front desk associates were friendly. My room, although nice in appearance, had a strong air freshener smell. There was a nice work space, comfortable bed, mini bar with microwave and mini fridge, and coffee maker, and the bathroom had a walk in shower. The room was clean and the decor was nice. The breakfast was very good with lots of fresh fruit and better than the average breads for toast. The cooked to order items were also very good, i.e. eggs, french toast, etc. There was a 24 hour mini mart next to the front desk with lots of healthy snack options, protien bars, ice cream, drinks, etc. which was very convenient. I left the privacy sign on my door the first day and declined housekeeping. On day two, I removed the sign so that I would receive housekeeping. Upon arrival back to my room at 4:15pm, housekeeping had not serviced my room. I called the front desk and they said that "housekeeping is extrememly busy today with a large amount of check outs"...4:15pm is too late in the day for a guest staying at the hotel to not receive housekeeping service and I was upset because I needed to get ready to go out and had no clean towels. I blame the hotel management not the housekeeping staff for the issue. Management should staff according to the capacity of the hotel and when rooms are still not cleaned at 4:15pm, something is wrong with the staffing. I ended up walking down the hall and dropping off my dirty towels to the housekeeping cart and picking up some clean towels. The hotel said they were giving me 2000 bonus HH Points for the inconvenience. If I came back to the area I would try the Marriott nearby instead or the Hilton. The hotel was in walking distance to several restaurants, bars, and shopping which was a plus.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hobiecatsailor

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your most recent experience at our property. We want to start by apologizing for the delay in our housekeeping services on the second day of your stay with us. We understand that it caused you an inconvenience and wish that it would not have been the case. 4:15pm is too late in the day to not have received service; we're a business and busy is what we should strive on and not use as an excuse. We have and will continue to make sure this is not something that will happen again in the future, by keeping a closer eye on occupancy and scheduling.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please don't hesitate to book with us again.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Top notch hotel including service & hospitality. Needed a ride to wedding near by, hotel provided a Town Car for a very small fee. Driver left his car if I needed a ride back to hotel from wedding which I did. Very handy, speedy, safe and friendly. Hotel was clean quite and staff extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Didn't use convention center next to hotel but it's location would be very handy if attending a conference. Mike T

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank Michael T

Michael T,
Thank you for such a fantastic review of our property. We are thrilled to know you had such a pleasant experience with us and we hope you had an even better time at the wedding you attended.
Thank you for being our guest and we hope to have the pleasure again in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Hotel was clean, and the staff was very nice. The hotel, indeed the whole city, was quiet. (Where are these people and what do they do??? No cars on the streets after 10 or so.)
Our room was your standard 2 queen beds, etc. Nothing special, nothing horrible. The beds were odd though. One side was like sinking into a hole and the other was incredibly firm. I get that they advertise choose your own softness, but honestly the lever on the side of the mattress did absolutely nothing.
Yes, there is free cucumber water and coffee in the lobby, but I was put off by the $24 a night valet charge. Since parking is limited in the area they really have you over a barrel. There is a garage across one of the main streets and they charge in-out fees so it's a lose-lose.
Breakfast at $12.95 per person is actually a good value given the range of choices including to-order omelets. We thought it was overpriced and walked to a recommended cafe the first morning and ended up paying pretty much the same thing.
Would I stay again? I supposed if forced to return to Minneapolis.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

welcomehomeworld,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your experience at our property. We really wish you would have enjoyed our property and the city more, so we send our appologies that it/we did not live up to our greatness.
Did you let any of our team members know that your bed was not working properly? Our staff is great at making sure any issues are resolved in a timely manner and our guests are as happy as we can make them.
If you ever do return to Minneapolis and book with us again, look in to booking one of our parking packages; the price is included in the rate, so there is no additional $24 a night charge. It really is a great deal.
Thank you again for your feedback and again, if you're ever in Minneapolis, please ask one of our Guest Service Agents or Valet Attendants for some outing options and I promise you will have a much better time.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn provided excellent accommodations. A breakfast buffet was available at the hotel for a reasonable cost. The staff was friendly and helpful. A perfect place to stay for our visit to the University of Minnesota.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Shar C

We are so happy to see you had such a great experience with us Shar C. We hope you and your family enjoyed your visit to the U of M and come move in day, if Minneapolis is the city of choice, we hope to see you again!