New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson, AZ
“Great Location, Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I brought a team of high-school kids to Minneapolis for an academic competition. We chose to avoid the competition hotel, down the street, and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn instead. What a great choice! The rooms were very comfortable, the service was excellent, and my kids raved about the breakfasts. I highly recommend this hotel. I slept well, and despite several other large groups at the place (including volleyball teams and Irish dancers), the atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. I will definitely stay here again.

3 Thank csyetman
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
csyetman,

Thank you for such a great Trip Advisor review of our property! We are so happy to see that you and your team had such a positive experience! We hope our breakfast fueled your team to do well in the competition.
We are looking forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

this hotel was phenomenal! Our stay at another property didn't go so well (see earlier review), but the stay in Minneapolis couldn't have been better. The hotel was easy to find and get to. The only drawbacks were the $24/day parking fee and the $12.95 breakfast buffet. I guess one should expect to pay to park in a secure area downtown where space is limited. I thought the fee and breakfast were a bit pricey though. The parking was valet only, but the valets were FANTRASTIC! - my car was ready for me whenever I wanted it and gave them a 15-minute "heads-up." They even took an interest in what we were doing, etc. The young ladies who checked us in were gracious and helpful. They even provided complimentary bottles of water for "after the long drive." The room was a typical hotel room, but we had a neat view over the downtown. The housekeeping crew was friendly and did a great job of cleaning. On our second morning, she even agreed to return in about an hour after we left for the day. The hotel had a small, but well equiped fitness center, which we didn't have time to use. The pool looked pretty small, but clean. Again, we didn't have time to use it, so it didn't matter to us. We had a drink in the bar, which was off the lobby and "open" and got pretty loud as a girls volleyball team partied just outside in the lobby area. We took that in stride though - the girls were excited, having fun and, as we found out later, very well behaved. The rooms were very quiet though, so let 'em have some fun. I definitely recommend the Hilton Garden Inn of Minneapolis and we will book a room there in the future. Great job, Garden Inn staff! I agree with cindy_girl1975's review - "other hotels should take a lesson or two from these employees" and "Hilton needs to pat them on the back." They are all employees of the month!

4 Thank Gary_and_Sue_P
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Gary_and_Sue_P,

Thank you both so much for the glowing review you have given us on Trip Advisor. It is such a pleasure to see that every department at our property is giving such great service! Our Valets work very hard and fast in order to keep all of our guest's happy, even in the crazy weather we have been having! I can't say enough about our housekeeping staff, front desk or restaurant team. They are simply amazing.
I can understand the feeling of 'pricey' but you nailed it right on the head; it has all to do with the market. We do however offer parking packages, or breakfast packages, so it is included in the room rate booked at the time you make the reservation. (Just something to look in to if you return to Minneapolis in the future.)
I thank you again, as your review has been extremely motivating for the entire team.
Hope to see you again soon,

ROCHESTER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had a dinner to attend at the Minneapolis Convention center so I could easily walk the block and a half to the convention center. The staff was very friendly. Nice bath products. Good breakfast buffet with cooked to order items. The hotel also had a business center with 3 computers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Diane H,

Thank you for the feedback from your experience at our property. I hope you enjoyed the dinner you attended, across the street, at the convention center.
I am happy our staff treated you so well and that you were able to enjoy the amenities we have to offer.

Please visit us again next time you are in Minneapolis.
Minneapolis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed in the Minneapolis Downtown Hilton Garden Inn for 11 nights on a business trip to the area. The staff were extremely attentive and helpful. The room was very clean and tidy and the bed comfortable allowing a good nights sleep. In fact the bed can be adjusted to your own firm/soft preference. The fitness room and pool are small but from what I experienced are never crowded. The restaurant staff at breakfast and dinner ensure you are comfortable and have everything you need to enjoy your meal

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 Thank Danielle M
Danielle M,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of our property. It is always great to see a guest had such a positive experience, especially for 11 nights!
I am glad you were informed about the adjustable beds as well, and were able to set it to your liking, allowing you to have such a pleasant night's sleep.

We hope to see you again soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Chose this hotel for our wedding reception on August 18th, 2012 so we stayed here as well! Upon arrival, we were treated like the most important guests in the building. Our room was a corner suite with an nice view of the surrounding skyline. The cleanliness of the hotel was top notch. Breakfast in the Great American Grill in the lobby was great and a good value for the price. During our wedding reception the staff was excellent at keeping up with our needs and requests. I highly recommend this hotel for both staying and wedding receptions. Parking is valet only and the price is a bit steep for it, but thats the only small issue I have, is the price for the parking. Overall, a great hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rtfagan
rtfagan,

I want to say Thank You for such a great review of our property!
I am so happy to hear that you were treated as you should be on your wedding day/weekend. It is always fun to have wedding groups in house because it always brings such a happy, fun and loving atmosphere, as I remember yours did!
I understand the feeling of the parking price being a bit steep but we do always have parking packages available so it is included in the room rate. Please look in to it next time you are in Minneapolis!

Dakota City, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a 3 day volleyball tournament and decided to stay here. Sooo glad we chose this hotel. Within walking distance to conference center. Only one block away. The room was very nice and had all the ammenities we needed and then some. We stayed on the 9th floor, it was very quiet we never heard any outside noise during the night.

We purchased the rate with breakfast included. Breakfast was way above our expectations. I would highly recommend purchasing this if you are a fan of breakfast. So many items to choose from and the staff was absolutely wonderful. Hilton needs to pat all their employes on the back at this location. Every personnel we encountered was friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. From front desk, to wait staff and valet. All I can say is what a great group of employees, other Hotels should take a lesson or two from these employees. Kudos to this staff.

Location excellent for downtown. I would always stay there when traveling to Minnepolis area. Top notch staff and hotel. Would also like to say during our stay this hotel was at full occupancy and we still received this excellent treatment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank cindy_girl1975
cindy_girl1975,

Thank you so much for such a fabulous review of our property! I must say our entire staff enjoyed each and every guest that stayed with us for the volleyball tournament. You and your group are welcomed back here anytime!
Our breakfast package is a great deal, especially traveling with a family. I hope it fueled your all-star and led them to victory!
I have shared your review with our entire team and I must thank you again for such motivating feedback.

Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a conference and there was no room at the conference hotel. I am so pleased that my lodging was here at the HGI. Staff amazing. Took care of every need for directions, meal suggestions, etc.... Room spacious and clean. Great temperature controls and spacious bathroom. Highly recommend this hotel for a stay in downtown Minneapolis

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank tbennettstmartin
tbennettstmartin,

Thank you so much for such a great review of our property! I am happy to see our staff took such great care of you during your conference trip and that you found your room was so comfortable.

We hope you are able to return to our property whether it be business or leisure.

Thanks again,