“Wedding Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wedding Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Chose this hotel for our wedding reception on August 18th, 2012 so we stayed here as well! Upon arrival, we were treated like the most important guests in the building. Our room was a corner suite with an nice view of the surrounding skyline. The cleanliness of the hotel was top notch. Breakfast in the Great American Grill in the lobby was great and a good value for the price. During our wedding reception the staff was excellent at keeping up with our needs and requests. I highly recommend this hotel for both staying and wedding receptions. Parking is valet only and the price is a bit steep for it, but thats the only small issue I have, is the price for the parking. Overall, a great hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rtfagan
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
rtfagan,

I want to say Thank You for such a great review of our property!
I am so happy to hear that you were treated as you should be on your wedding day/weekend. It is always fun to have wedding groups in house because it always brings such a happy, fun and loving atmosphere, as I remember yours did!
I understand the feeling of the parking price being a bit steep but we do always have parking packages available so it is included in the room rate. Please look in to it next time you are in Minneapolis!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Dakota City, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a 3 day volleyball tournament and decided to stay here. Sooo glad we chose this hotel. Within walking distance to conference center. Only one block away. The room was very nice and had all the ammenities we needed and then some. We stayed on the 9th floor, it was very quiet we never heard any outside noise during the night.

We purchased the rate with breakfast included. Breakfast was way above our expectations. I would highly recommend purchasing this if you are a fan of breakfast. So many items to choose from and the staff was absolutely wonderful. Hilton needs to pat all their employes on the back at this location. Every personnel we encountered was friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. From front desk, to wait staff and valet. All I can say is what a great group of employees, other Hotels should take a lesson or two from these employees. Kudos to this staff.

Location excellent for downtown. I would always stay there when traveling to Minnepolis area. Top notch staff and hotel. Would also like to say during our stay this hotel was at full occupancy and we still received this excellent treatment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank cindy_girl1975
cindy_girl1975,

Thank you so much for such a fabulous review of our property! I must say our entire staff enjoyed each and every guest that stayed with us for the volleyball tournament. You and your group are welcomed back here anytime!
Our breakfast package is a great deal, especially traveling with a family. I hope it fueled your all-star and led them to victory!
I have shared your review with our entire team and I must thank you again for such motivating feedback.

Best,
Cleveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for a conference and there was no room at the conference hotel. I am so pleased that my lodging was here at the HGI. Staff amazing. Took care of every need for directions, meal suggestions, etc.... Room spacious and clean. Great temperature controls and spacious bathroom. Highly recommend this hotel for a stay in downtown Minneapolis

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank tbennettstmartin
tbennettstmartin,

Thank you so much for such a great review of our property! I am happy to see our staff took such great care of you during your conference trip and that you found your room was so comfortable.

We hope you are able to return to our property whether it be business or leisure.

Thanks again,
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is OK for a short business stay. Rooms are adequate, breakfast is good, but dinner in the restaurant was disappointing, the food not really hot enough.

Getting transport was a problem for me. There are some "Town Cars" at the front, and the drivers are a bit average, don't know their way around and one ripped me off. I tried to get the staff to arrange a taxi but they didn't want to know, so they must be skimming. Not a good situation when you are on your first visit to the City.

Not what I expect from the Hilton brand.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mickthered
Mickthered,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your experience at our property.
I do want to apologize for the issues with transportation that you encountered. it is definitely not typical of our property or our staff to not show more interest in these situations.
Would you be able to provide me with some more feedback on where you were dropped off and how much you were charged by the town car drivers? It is something that we will want to speak with them about to make sure that we are on the same page about their pricing and not ripping anyone off.
I hope your second visit to the city is with us again as I can assure you that your experience will be much better.

Thanks again,
Minneapolis, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Good Fitness Center; Great Front Desk, Bar and Housekeeping Staff; the Bed Mattress was too firm. Food was above average. The location to the Downtown was excellent and convenient. Super Shuttle ride from the Airport was quick. I loved the view from my room of the downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Thomas B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your experience.
It is always a pleasure to see when a guest has such a positive experience at our property and enjoys the surrounding area.
I would like to apologize for the firmness of your bed and let you know that all of our beds are adjustable. Next time you stay with us please adjust it to your liking.

We hope to see you again soon and thank you again for your review!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the best motel my wife and I have ever experienced! The staff is great, the restaurant food is to die for. The Views of Minneapolis were great and such a beautiful hotel. We will definately stay here again. I suggest it to anyone staying in the Twin Cities area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Jeff H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My sister and I were doing a "staycation" and we had a wonderful, relaxing stay at the HGI Downtown. The front office staff was wonderful and very accommodating. Excellent stay and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family