“Would stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
“Would stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Dinner there was amazing best mac n cheese i have ever ate. breakfast was very fresh and delicious. i just wish they would have had a hot tub i could have relaxed in after my concert, the bartender was very inviting and friendly. staff was very nice and i loved that you had onsite town cars so that we didn't have to take a cab, it worked out very well. we will defiantly be back when we are back in the area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jackii F
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Jackii F,

Thank you for commenting on your recent visit to Minneapolis! Great to hear you enjoyed the Mac and Cheese so much. I will definitely be passing this along to the cooks. I am sorry that there was no hot tub but great to hear how accommodating the staff was for you and I am glad you were able to take advantage of the convenient town car service we have on property. Hope you will stay with us next time to come to the city for a concert.

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was very pleased with my phone reservation and I was looking forward to check-in. The rep. that checked me in process was cold and grumpy.

The top dresser drawer was missing from my room and I was concerned that I would be charged - this was not mentioned to me. I attempted to call the front desk twice from my room and hung up after 2-3 minutes of ringing both times. I called from my cell phone and waited about a minute before I spoke with a front desk rep. (a different rep than check-in) who told me that it was housekeeping's duty to keep inventory of things like a missing drawer. The rep. told me that they could replace it in the morning. This was pointless as I was checking out in the morning.

Nevertheless, I heard a knock on my room door early in the morning. It was a maintenance man with another drawer. This was very inconvenient and awoke me much earlier than I had intended.

Overall, I had a bad experience with the hotel and a terrible experience with staff. To meet, let alone exceed my expectations, Garden Inn Minneapolis could have warmly invited me to their hotel, promptly answered my front desk call and listened when I said that it was not necessary to replace the missing dresser drawer in the morning.

Room Tip: No window shades. Choose a room facing East.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank BL11MSFT
BL11MSFT,

I am very sorry that you had a poor experience with us during your recent stay in Minneapolis. I can assure you the issues you experienced are not reflective of our typical level of service. I want to personally apologize for not contacting you about the dresser drawer. I had sent somebody up to your room that morning to check on your dresser and to verify it was just the cubby that was what you were referring to as the missing drawer. On our dressers we have a cubby on the top shelf and then the drawers. Once we verified this I should have called to let you know this and to assure you that you wouldn't be charged for anything. I do hope that the next time you come to the area you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Powell, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was attending a conference at the "next door" Minneapolis Convention Center. This HGI is fantastic in all aspects. Check in/Check out was expedient and the front desk staff were pleasant and welcoming. The room was very clean with fluffy towels and plenty of hot water. I ate dinner in the restaurant -- the soup and flatbread pizza were delicious! A 6-8" snowfall came in on my last night and hotel staff were busy shoveling the walkways and making certain paths were cleared for the guests.

If you are attending a conference at the convention center, this is a very nice hotel. Many of the downtown hotels have skyways connected, but the HGI stands alone. It's not a big deal unless its pouring rain or sleet. But I think the hotel staff would drop you off in that situation.

I enjoyed the fireplace in the lobby with its comfortable seating. It was nice to unwind with hot tea or coffee and relax. An excellent hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor! Views are great from there.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank QPitmaster
QPitmaster,

Thank you for the wonderful Trip Advisor review! I am happy to hear all of the great comments you had about our hotel, restaurant and the staff. Also, the pictures you posted are great!

Hope to see you again in the near future,

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed downtown with friends & kids for Disney on Ice show @ the Target Center. Valet was very accommodating & prompt considering we had 4 small children and A LOT of luggage with us. Ate at the restaurant our second night and it was very enjoyable. Quiet, kid friendly and very good food. Will definitely come stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Amy W
Amy W,

We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us at the Hilton Garden Inn! I hope the Disney on Ice show was enjoyable as well. Thank you for the feedback about the hotel, specifically the promptness of the valet staff and great restaurant experience. I hope the kids were able to play in the pool as well.

Hope to have you back again on your next trip to Minneapolis.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Daughter and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a Gym meet event at the Minn Conv Ctr. Nice furnishings, decent food and a great location. Luckily, we didn't need to park @ $24/night. The staff was hospitable and courteous. No issues with room. Would recommend for a short stay if you need to be in the downtown area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Scott L,

Thank you for the feedback on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that our location was very convenient for you and your daughter while visiting the Convention Center! We have shared your comments with the staff at our daily huddles as they always love hearing positive feedback about their service. Hope that you and your daughter find your way back to Minneapolis in the near future.

Ormond Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was expecting more based on other reviews. We found it to be a very, very average hotel. well located in you're working or going out downtown, but other than that, nothing special. our room was small and our climate control was the most complicated I've ever seen in any hotel before. Which means when its not working and you have to deal with it in the dark, good luck!

the air in this hotel was so dry it was painful. we left choking for fresh air.

The staff was very friendly. THOUGh - we did book a town car for getting to a meeting the following day and the flat rate we were quoted suddenly went out the window when we got to our destination.

I would NOT stay here again. I thought I might find something better than just staying near the airport, but that was not the case.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Bonsai35,

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel but I'm very sorry you only had an average experience with us during your stay. We take our #1 Trip Advisor ranking very seriously and we don't want any guest to think of our hotel as average. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and I am glad that your feedback of our staff supported that. Thank you once again for your comments.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Hotel was clean & staff was friendly...bar staff even opened up early for bloody marys for us since we had many families staying there:) We stayed because of the distance from the Convention Center, but they are not on the skyway system, so we had to dodge traffic to get there. There were no close restaurants that are open over the weekend either:( Pool area was very small, but clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Heidiho1970,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. It is great to hear that the staff was friendly and they opened up the bar early for your group. I am sorry though that our location wasn't the most convenient for your needs during your stay but we hope the next time you're in the area you will consider staying with us again.