“Lousy Staff”

Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I reserved a room at the Hilton for last Saturday night, the 26th. When I arrived, I was told that the smoking room that I had reserved was not available. I wanted to leave but was told that there was a 24 hour cancellation policy. I asked why I would be charged for a room that they did not have. The guy at the front desk said that he would waive the fee and I made other arrangements. The next day I saw a $50 charge on my credit card. When I called to ask about it I was told that they would check about it and called me back. Never got a call, got charged for nothing. They lie. Do NOT expect what is promised on the website when you make a reservation and do not expect anyone to care about you here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Andrea H
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Andrea,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent trip. We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. I have refunded the late cancellation charge since we did not have a smoking room available for you at arrival.

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis

Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I just wanted to drop a note about a recent stay I had at this hotel. I love customer service and every aspect of this hotel shines with that. From the minute you walk in the door you know that you will be taken care from the valet guys to management. Thank you for making me feel at home. I highly recommend you Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Annette F

Annette,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor, Customer Service is such an important goal for our entire staff it is great to have it appreciated and recognized by guests such as yourself! We can't wait for the next time you come visit us in Minneapolis.

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for a week in October 2012. Had an excellent time there.
Room was perfect and the welcome and interest from the staff was amazing.
A special thanks to Mike and Bree who work in the bar. They really know how to make someone feel at home.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Shaun T
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Shaun T,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor response, we greatly appreciate the feedback we get on this site. I am so excited to hear how much you enjoyed your trip in October and especially how well you were taken care of by Mike and Bree in the restaurant. We have been sharing your comments about the hotel and the staff at our daily huddles!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Booked this hotel on the business travel site; however, until now did not know it was ranked number 1. Now I understand. We stayed here for business with Childrens MN Hospital after calling to be sure their shuttle service would take us there. With their shuttle service, it was a waste to rent a car. Overall, service was excellent. They have an incredible dining and bar area compared to other Garden Inns that I have stayed at. The room was comfortable, clean, and I had a great view. Parking is a challenge; therefore, plan on doing the valet. Your other options are not worth the walk or the hassle. They have a nice, though small, lobby area where you can site in front of a fireplace and read. Breakfast is not included in the room; although, they do keep coffee by the desk and it is free. Great hotel and does the Hilton brand well.

Room Tip: Plan on valet parking. The other options are not worth the difference in cost.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank QuietmanTravels

QuietmanTravels,

Thank you for the detailed review of our hotel! I am so glad that you experienced the same level of satisfaction as so many of the other guests that have said we are the #1 hotel in Minneapolis! I hope that your business at the Children's hospital was successful and we certainly hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in town.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Another great Hilton Hotel! We stayed there the same night the Vikings and Bears were playing so the hotel was quit busy but it did not affect our service or hotel stay. Beautiful hotel, clean, quiet and comfy beds! Within walking distance to downtown attractions. Great view of the city! They have Valet parking and public parking (both have fees). Checking and checkout went smooth and fast. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will return to this hotel when we return to Minneapolis!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MsSmart64

Redog33,

Thank you for the response of your stay with us during the Vikings Bears game weekend. I am so happy to see that even though it was a very busy weekend with a very Minnesota snow storm, you were still taken care of by the staff and had an enjoyable weekend. Hopefully you were in town to root for the Vikings as well :-)

Hopefully we will see you again next football season if not sooner.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and i were very satisfied with our 2 days stay at this hotel and will probably be visiting that same location again.
The staff was very nice and helpful with anything we needed.
Even the price was really good for the quality of the service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MattyG01

MattyG01,

So happy to hear that you and your husband had an enjoyable experience at our hotel earlier this month! Our staff is always so positive and upbeat and sharing our guests comments like these help keep them motivated!

We can't wait for your return visit to the hotel.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Just stayed here for a weekend ... in town for the Vikings/Packers game ... and this hotel was just about perfect. Very centrally located in downtown Minneapolis ... easy walk to Metrodome/Mall of America Field and to Target Center, as well as close to major downtown shopping and restaurants. About 15 minute ride to Bloomington, St. Paul, and Mall of America. The staff here was great ... very friendly and helpful. And very fan-friendly! Many of the guests were in town for the game, and the staff had a lot of fun with the whole rivalry. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family