“Talk About Above & Beyond!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbia, Maryland
“Talk About Above & Beyond!!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I took a flight to Minneapolis from Maryland with my company's President for the most important meeting of my career thus far. I stayed up all night rehearsing and waiting for the graphic people to send the last portion of my presentation, so I did not have any copies printed. In addition I recently requested a brand new MAC computer for my company laptop, and I planned to show my presentation on the projection screen..After realizing I left the cord, I went to front desk to ask if they had a loaner, of course they had one for a PC and not a MAC. The guy at the front desk saw my desperation and offered to send me in the hotel car to the store. There were not any MAC stores close by. So the gentlemen then did the unthinkable and offered to drive home and get his PC for me to borrow..and he did..After finding out his charger was missing he went to Radio Shack to purchase a new charger..They sold them the wrong cord :( But after that he went to the President of my company and apologized for not carrying the MAC cord!! He even took the blame..My presentation went horrible and the look on my bosses face made me want to jump out the window!!!! but I still appreciated him going above and beyond and making my emergency his urgency and even taking the blame for me not to look like a complete failure to my boss!!! I later found out he was the General Manger Chris Hutchinson!! Chris and his awesome team made the worst day of my career a little better..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MsTWashington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
USA
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Wonderful hotel to stay at. Great staff. Clean, comfortable, updated rooms. We were able to walk to all the Minneapolis downtown locations we were in town to visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank march959697
Morden, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have never met a friendlier more motivated staff anywhere I've stayed. Congradulations to the manager and employees. I have never felt more valuable as a guest.

The hotel is nice & new and with a great location downtown. I walked to my appointments. I used room serive both nights with great results. I had a corner room. My first ever and it was priced right. Its worth staying here just to feel the warmth.

Ask for a corner room. They have lots of them.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. This hotel has lots of them.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Island_Joe095
Blaine
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I use to live in Minneapolis and now travel back several times a year. This was my first time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis. There is nothing negative I can say about this hotel. I had a late flight and did not check in until almost midnight. Erica was at the front desk she was pleasant, quick and accommodating, boy was she a breath for tired eyes! This hotel was modern yet not too contemporary for my traditional taste. It is right in downtown, just off 35W. You are downtown, minutes from uptown and only a few minutes to 494 or 169. Perfect location! I had a king room during my stay, it was large with extremely high ceilings that made it feel more like my home than a stuffy hotel room. It was new, clean and neat in every way. In my opinion the best part of this hotel is its size. Ok, I will say checking in that late at night NO one would like the two mile walk to their hotel room. But even after my second day, I was grateful for the size. It was large enough to have all the amenities you could ask for without the two mile walk to your room. I have stayed at many of Hilton, Marriott’s; this is by far the nicest with the friendliest and accommodating staff. From the valet to the Bar tender, everyone was pleasant, and helpful. Whether you are staying in Minneapolis for business or pleasure, the Hilton Garden Inn is the perfect hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ashleyann301
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was in town for my wedding over memorial day weekend. I have nothing but excellent things to say about the treatment of the hotel staff towards myself, the wife and all the friends and family that came to town. The late night manager catered to our needs by letting wedding guests utilize a confrence room rather than cause a rockus outside in the wee hours of the morning.

All of the hotel staff was EXTREMELY Polite and shared tips to out of town guests on what to do with some down time. I HIGHLY recommend staying at the hotel as it is with in walking distance to all of the downtown excitement and the hotel is a heck-of-alot cheaper of a stay than what you will be paying for than the others.

Another great feature of the hotel is the taxi/limosine service available to all guests, simply tell vallet or front desk that you need a ride and a luxurous vehicle picks you up for a flat $7 charge anywhere in the city. (There and back) a service that would at least cost >$30. Also note for economical guests the hotel is right around the corner from the light rail which accesses to the airport.

Overall, a MOST stay when your travels bring you to the Minneapolis Downtown region. *****

Room Tip: There is vallet, but also covered parking deck around the corner at the minneaplolis convention cent...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank HuskyPlowman
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, beautiful rooms!

IMPORTANT to note: This location ONLY HAS VALET PARKING, if you look at "additional room packages" you can get it included with your room for just $5more. This is well worth it considering otherwise it will cost you $24 (minimum) to have them park your vehicle.

I Made the reservation on my phone about 45minutes out. When we arrived they greeted us and asked how our travel from our home state was going. We didn't feel rushed and the staff seemed more than happy to converse with us and genuinely seemed to care.

Upon leaving the valet staff were courteous and happy to get our vehicle. They even helped us put our luggage in and encouraged us to look over the vehicle to make sure nothing was broken or missing. They offered to take my trash for me, I allowed them to do so. They didn't seem to expect a tip but were pleased when I gave them one.

The bed was adjustable comfort memory foam, free wifi access, no bath tub just a large walk in shower encased by glass, 24hr snack shop (HHonors members receive coupon for free bottle of water), in room microwave, fridge, and flat screen tv.

Definitely one of my new favorite hotels not just in the Hilton Family brand but of all branches.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank RedYellowBlueBlood
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My friends and I stayed last weekend at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff at this hotel definitely knows the meaning of Customer Service. The minute you get out of your car they are helping you with your luggage, valet-ing (is that a word?!) your car and answering any questions you have about the hotel or the area.
They have a towncar service that will take you anywhere downtown for $7.00. They will also pick you back up.
The hotel was updated, clean and quiet. The staff was professional and friendly. I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends