“Great staff makes the difference!”

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great staff makes the difference!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed here for a week on a business trip. The staff are incredibly friendly. Without exception, staff members says hello as you pass and this creates a welcoming atmosphere. The hotel is clean and our room (king size bed) was fairly large. The bed is comfortable, the room is quiet and water pressure in the shower is adequate. Amenities were good - free internet with our reservation, flat screen tv, coffee maker, fridge and microwave, standard shampoos/soaps, etc.
The hotel has a small fitness center that is open 24/7 with some treadmills, ellipticals and bikes, plus free weights. They have a business center, restaurant and bar with very friendly service. Free coffee in the lobby is a nice touch. The location is not scenic--right off a major highway--but it is convenient to the convention center. Hotel parking is expensive but there is an inexpensive public parking lot within a block.
We really enjoyed our stay here and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RickyBobbie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel in downtown Minneapolis. Everything was fresh and clean.(everything was spotless). When you book this hotel you can choose to have breakfast included with your room or valet parking included. We chose the breakfast package and it was great value for your money. It was a buffet style breakfast with a made to order hot entree section. ( You could go and order eggs, omelettes, french toast, waffles, bacon and sausage. When it is ready they bring it to your table.) There was an assortment of cereals, breads, fruit, juice, coffee, tea and much more to choose from. The service we received from this hotel was excellent. They even drove us to the baseball game (Target Field). You could walk to Target field, which we did once...it took us about 25 minutes. The staff at this hotel went out of their way to make us feel welcome....very friendly....would definitely stay again. Beautiful place!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank flower5154954
Firestone, Colorado
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Nothing bad to say. This property is next to a freeway, but I didn't know it until I went out to exercise. Very quiet inside. Clean, newly furnished. Delightful staff on all levels. I though housekeeping was particularly good.

Good exercise facility as well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank klinebch
West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 8, 2012

It was my first time staying at a Hilton Garden Inn and I was truly impressed! The Customer Service was outstanding from the moment we checked in to the time we left. The front desk staff was very welcoming. The staff cheerfully greeted us, each and everytime we entered the hotel lobby. The staff bid us a good day/night when we left the premise. The front desk staff was especially helpful when we needed to determine which MSP terminal our flight departed from, as well as confirming the "on time" flight status the day of our departure. The guest rooms were large, comfortable, & impressively updated! My own mother would be impressed with the immaculate housekeeping. The stay over housekeeping service was also a definite "WOW"! With certainty, I would return to The Hilton Garden Inn, as well as recommend the hotel to anyone traveling to the Minneapolis area.

Room Tip: The seventh floor was very quiet; no audible street noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Meme S
Jamestown, ND
Reviewed April 30, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay! The staff was outstanding, the rooms were wonderful and I slept peacefully from day one through day six. I would recommend it to anyone as THE place to rest in downtown Minneapolis!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank travelsmart0917
Williamstown, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I am in awe of properties that somehow get everyone on staff to buy into the concept that making guests feel welcome is a good thing to do. This hotel is one of the best at that, and I've stayed at a lot of 5-star hotels. Without exception, during my 3-night stay just ending, I was greeted with a smile and a hello. This included the front door staff who always offered assistance, the courteous and accommodating front desk, housekeeping (Room 526) who folded clothes, straightened toiletries, etc., and the folks at the grill bar (Janet and Andy). By the way, the bar/grill is a great place for a light dinner. And, wow, I just got a call from Colton at the front desk thanking me for staying here and making sure everything was to my satisfaction. I settled in on this place in part because of TA posts, and it deserves its high rating. Service excels. Oh, I did forget to mention that the rooms are well-appointed and comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Hamilton6
Lucas,TX
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My stay with this hotel could not have been more pleasant.!! The Staff was friendly, courteous,, helpful and just a joy to be around. The rooms were very clean and special care was taken by the cleaning staff to put things in an orderly fashion. Every request I had was met with a smile The front desk, Chris and Colton, were very nice nice and helpful. I can't say enought about the valet staff.. ( Ira and Alex especially) got me where I needed to be..when I needed to be there. Randy, Victor, Freddy and Carlos were there all the time also. I would recommend this hotel to anyone..and I would go back every chance I get. Congratulations to Hilton for an excellent staff. If you want to..tell them GiGi said "HI"!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends