“Nice hotel, great service and wonderful location”

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel, great service and wonderful location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was great, from the check inn, parking and service in the restaurant.

The room was very clean, quiet, and bed was very comfortable. Bath was also very nice.

Only thing I did not like is the thermostat in the room. I could not get it to light up so I could set the temp in the room. I had to use my phone to see what I was doing. The crystal screen really sucked on it.

I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank WisconsinBaderFan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Blaine, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn was the perfect location for my weekend stay. I went to a basketball game on Friday night and went out with friends on Saturday night and I couldn't have had a better place to stay while doing that. I was able to grab drinks and dinner in the hotel restaurant before the game and then when I got back that night I grabbed water and some snacks from the pantry at the front desk. Saturday we spent some more time at the hotel bar and had a very good experience with the bartender working that night. They had town car service waiting outside the hotel to take us anywhere downtown we wanted to as well for cheaper then a taxi would charge. Great overall experience!

5 Thank aleitz
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

We were there for one night (Sunday to Monday). Overall, the place was very clean and well-maintained. Staff was excellent and helpful. The place appeared to either be quite new or it had been renovated recently.

The beds had an adjustable firmness - I woke up in the morning feeling like the mattress had been set too soft, but that's my own fault, I guess. (Read the instructions carefully if you're fussy about your bed firmness, like I am).

A couple of things:

Valet parking only ($20+ per day), unless you want to park in an off-site lot. The hotel does have towncars with drivers (for a fee). There are unlimited in and out privileges and the valets were quick getting the vehicle when we needed it (they request 20 minutes notice, but they had it to us in 5 or less).

Also, our room, at least, had only a shower (albeit over-sized), not a tub. I'm not sure if that's the case in all the rooms. Not a big deal for me, but if you really want a tub, you might need to check into that.

Verdict: A good place to stay. Not tonnes of bells and whistles, but overall quite satisfactory.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

The employees at the hilton were extremely accommodating and friendly a staff. Between the exceptional cleaning and valet servce i have been more than satafied with the staff. Andy has been a great manager and Adam is a wonderful and attentive bartender. The hotel is in walking distance from most major bars, over all I have had an exceptional experience at the Hilton.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Mislinkn
Fort Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 4 days last week. It was my first time to visit. Great hotel, great location, and great service. Had a couple of issues (non-hotel) and the front desk staff was superb. Of special recognition was Ryan Caldwell who went out of his way to assist. The hotel is walking distance to a number of good restaurants as well. Only negative was the $$ for parking, it was a little steep but otherwise an excellent hotel

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank jeffkb
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn a few weeks ago with a few of my friends who came down to see a show at First Avenue. The Hotel is very hard to find (it took us four laps around) because it is placed in between the highway on and off ramps. When we arrived the Valet took our name and bags inside immediately. The first thing you notice about the hotel is how clean it is, everything inside is well placed and quaint. Rooms are nice and spacious for a value hotel. Beds are especially nice as well. Stayed here for two nights and we got to know two of the valets, Jon and Victor. They gave us a lot of food and fun options and we ended up going to Britts Pub (amazing) and this other pizza spot that had some of the best pizza I have personally ever had. Not sure on name. Victor along with one of the waiters had exceptional recommendations for the late night scene as well. Our stay went smoothly, we saw our show and enjoyed what the city had to offer all while staying on a budget. All in all this is a great hotel for the price, accompanied by first class service and a short walk to anything needed to complete your stay!

Room Tip: The back side of the building faces the city!