“Great location”
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Much of what others have written about the hotel is true. While the majority of the hotel is in great shape, some carpeting can use some updating. The gym is really good. If you're not in a hurry, there's nothing wrong with the bar and actually found the service to be nice. Again, if you aren't in a hurry. The desk staff, that's a different story. It seemed the questions we asked were mystifying, such as "do you offer a free paper?" We came to go to Target Field which is in walking distance, as is just about everything else in and around downtown. I'd suggest this hotel again to those coming to Minneapolis.

Stayed: July 2014
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our Fitness Center, Lounge and our downtown location. However, I am disappointed to hear about your experience at Front Desk. I will be bringing your comments to my Director of Front Office Operations. I want to ensure that in our coaching and counseling of the team, I provide your insights. Please call me at your earliest convenience, my direct line is (612) 397-4800.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We came to Minneapolis to attend two concerts at Orchestra Hall and this was perfect for us being across the street. We spent time walking in the Nicollet Mall area, Loring Park, free music on Peavey Plaza and using the light rail to go to St. Paul to the Capitol area. Every aspect of the hotel was perfect from comfortable bed, sparkling clean room, excellent breakfast to hospitable and helpful employees and all for a very good rate on the website.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2014

Thank you for such a great review! I am glad that you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel including bed, breakfast and staff. I am also happy that you were able to explore not only Minneapolis but also St. Paul! I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the Sunday of the MLB All-Star Game. Convenient affordable parking. Location is convenient to get almost anywhere downtown with a relatively short walk. I got there a little early and they were able to get me in a little earlier which was nice.
Had a couple drinks at the hotel bar. It had a nice ambiance but seemed overpriced for even a hotel bar. (They may have had prices jacked up for the ASG). Room was nothing special but was clean and we had no issues.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, got early check in and found your room clean. We welcome and appreciate all feedback and I will bring your comments regarding bar pricing to my Director of Food & Beverage. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

i come thru this city for an annual canoe trip in Ontario.
Last year we stayed at the Marquette. Seemed like rates were a little better here when I booked so I gave it a try.
Stayed on an executive level floor.
The room and service were fine.
But everything about the Marquetted seemed a tad bit better; rooms, finishes, service, executive lounge breakfast.
I would not hesitate to stay here again, but my first choice would be The Marquette.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you did not encounter any issues and would not hesitate to stay here again. However, I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay further and gain some more insight about what we could have done to improve your experience. Please call me at your earliest convenience, I can be reached directly at (612) 397-4800.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

My daughter and I were working as volunteers at the MLB All Star Fan Fest at the Convention Center and this hotel was perfect. It has a sky way walkway that led directly to the Convention Center and to various other parts of the city. This was great as it rained a bit for part of the time we were there. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, we were able to stay on the Executive Floor. This floor includes a lounge with a bar and complimentary snacks. I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed All Star Weekend and had a great stay! You're right - the Skyway is very convenient. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Minneapolis in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Really accommodating staff and nice place to stay in heart of Minneapolis. Stayed during very busy All star Week and the place was up to par the entire time. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Even though I was not far from the elevator it was relatively quiet. Highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for such a great recommendation! I hope you enjoyed All Star Weekend as much as we did! I was thrilled to read your comments about our accommodating staff and clean, comfortable, quiet rooms. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I live in the twin cities and stay in downtown Minneapolis often. The Hilton is by far our favorite hotel in the area. We have stayed at this hotel many times and have never been disappointed. The rooms are excellent and the hotel staff is extremely courteous. We are always greeted by one smile after another. The location is close to our favorite restaurants and a walking distance to many entertainment venues.

I recently decided to surprise my husband for his 40th birthday with a romantic night away. I contacted the Hilton and spoke to the staff at the reception, Liban, about reserving a room for me. He went above and beyond my expectations. His customer service was top notch and he even gave us a free upgrade to the Junior suite and made sure that we were well taken care of. At check-in, we were handed 2 free breakfast voucher and were told we could have a late check out.

Thanks to Liban, my husband’s birthday surprise was perfect! It's rare to find such a great level of customer service and we really appreciate all he did for us . We will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lilian S

Thank you for sharing your experience. These are the types of reviews I love to read! I have shared your story with Liban and his supervisor. We are all thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and conducted a successful surprise! I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future for another great stay.