“Business Travel”

Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Business Travel”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I am a frequent return guest at the Hilton Minneapolis. I am always happy with the service and cleanliness of the hotel. This is a good value for being in the heart of downtown. Walk down the street to Keys Diner for the best slice of pie in town!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for not only this review but also your repeat business! I am thrilled that you are always happy with your stays and enjoy our downtown location. We all look forward to welcoming you back upon your next stay with us.

John E. Luke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. In both, the experience was excellent. Beds were comfortable and room was super clean! Although the breakfast buffet was ample...the quality/temperature after sitting left affected quality.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for this review! I am glad to read that you had an excellent experience with us. I look forward to sharing your comments on your "super clean room" with our Housekeeping department! I will also share your comment on breakfast with my Director of Food & Beverage to ensure we maintain consistent quality options. We look forward to recreating that excellent experience again during your future stays.

chicago
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This is the 3rd time we stayed at this hotel for a conference at the convention center.
The location is perfect, it's within a very short walking distance to the convention center and conveniently close to to many great restaurants, the theater district, the sports arena, churches etc.
There is a bike rental station across the street that I was able to use to ride to the various museums. Check-in process was easy.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Wow! What a great review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to read that you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to great restaurants, theaters, sports arenas and more. It is a great idea to utilize the bike rentals to visit some of Minneapolis' other amazing attractions. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

FORT COLLINS
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed a week for a recent conference and a few days for sightseeing. Great location, handy to Nicolet Mall and restaurants, shops, and free bus. Rooms very quiet. Do Not eat in the lobby restaurant...the seared Salmon was truly incinerated, despite my request for rare to medium. They have no competent cooking staff so we never ate at the hotel the rest of the trip...fortunately there are many restaurants nearby. It seems hotels don't care about quality..they figure they have captive audience..which may be true in the bitter cold winters.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your stay at our hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our quiet rooms and close proximity to local attractions! However, I was disappointed to read that your meal was not to your liking. I can assure you that we care very much about quality - not only in our hotel rooms but restaurant too. Please call me at your earliest convenience so I may gain more detail and make it right. My direct line is (612) 397-4800.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Booked a regular king-bed room for a conference and got an enormous corner room on the 15th floor. I've lived in apartments smaller than this room. It was also very clean and felt quite new. Perhaps I got lucky, but I don't have any special HHonors status. Room service was highly punctual (and the bearnaise on the eggs benedict was just right; the asparagus was a little undercooked, but I suppose that's better than soggy/overcooked). Friendly, helpful front desk staff. The layout of the lobby is a jumble. Not impressed by the menu at the bar/grill in the lobby - you'll probably want to go somewhere else to eat.

1 Thank davismaximus
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our spacious, newly re-imagined guest rooms. I look forward to sharing your praise of breakfast and room service with the team and chefs. We recently rolled out a chef inspired "Around the World Pizzas" menu in addition to our regular dinner options. The restaurant has gotten great feedback and I recommend giving it a try. Again, thank you for this review, I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to Minneapolis.

Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had very little interaction with the staff this stay which is unusual. I checked in later and I don't know any of the evening staff so I didn't chat with the staff like I usually do during the book in process. And due to my schedule I wasn't able to stop and say Hi to the ones I recognized during the stay. It was not one of my best stays but very adequate and pleasant with no issues.
Only downside with this hotel is the morning breakfast in the executive lounge, I would like to see some hot choices besides oatmeal. I'm not sure you can do that but I know many other Hiltons and other Hilton chain hotels offer a better breakfast for Diamond members. But breakfast isn't always a deal breaker for me.

Room Tip: Spring for the breakfast package, the breakfast in the executive lounge is basically a continental.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you not only for taking time to write this review but also for your repeat business. It sounds like you have gotten to know some of our great employees; I am sure they look forward to seeing you again. I take all feedback into consideration and will bring your comments on Executive Lounge Breakfast to the team. Again, thank you for spending time at Hilton Minneapolis.

New York, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Minneapolis Hilton. The decor is as beautiful as it is inviting. I strongly recommend the Minneapolis Hilton Hotel for any business and or personal trip. I'm sure you will be satisfied.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking time to write this recommendation, we greatly appreciate and welcome all feedback. We have received excellent insight on our newly re-designed rooms from guests and I am glad to hear that you too enjoyed them. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!