$127
$118
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

University Inn(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$149
Hilton Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$123
$118
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

$193
$155
Curio.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$162
$115
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $175/night.

$155
$126
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

$141
$131
Official Site
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $165/night.

Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$161
$172
  • Bar/Lounge
Millennium Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$122
$93
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

All reviewsother guestscarverhostsacademicradiator
Reviewed December 9, 2017

This is not just a beautiful old house. It is so much more... Staying at The Wales House is an "experience", and if you are looking for homeyness and charm and conversation, and life stories, and camaraderie, and independence, and the chance to spread out, then stay in this place. Everything about the Wales House was amazing. My room, with the quilted bedspread and the eclectic furnishings, and the quaint wood floors, and the huge old fashioned radiators, and Sophie the mellow doggie, and the colorful conversations with other guests who choose this place for its warm and homey feeling.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank 2togetherBA
Reviewed May 29, 2017

Everything about this place was perfect for my academic and social visits to Minneapolis. The house feels like home, the neighborhood is beautiful and a nice walk from UMN. I enjoy doing work in the family room and adjacent study on days when I can work from home or in the evenings. I often have friends and colleagues over to visit and we cook lunch or dinner in the nice Wales House kitchen. The hosts Kelly and Julie Carver will take care that all is well with your stay, and they are interesting and kind people to get to know. I have often found myself calling the Wales House "home" in conversations.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank spshipman
Reviewed October 2, 2016

My room was cozy and not fancy, perfect! I reserved a room with a private bath and was very happy. Plenty of closet and dresser space and clean. They have a big communal kitchen area and every room gets a space in the fridge and a cupboard. Great for a quick snack or to store leftovers. I wouldn't cook a big meal but for easy simple eating it works well. Very walkable part of town. The hosts are available in person or phone to help with your comfort. You can walk to downtown or catch a bus pretty easily.
You are in the university area so expect student noise. Earplugs were provided! I slept well and liked the aliveness of the neighborhood.
Be prepared for the removal of shoes by the front door. Bring slippers. Cubbies for street shoes are provided. It's just like home.

Room Tip: If it's in your budget get a room with its own bathroom. My bathtub was great!
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Patricia T
Reviewed September 24, 2016

I enjoy old houses and engaging in the community when I vacation. The Wales House offered both of these desires. Our room shared a standard bathroom with two other guest rooms, though there are rooms with their own bathroom. Our guest room had a queen-size bed, night stand, dresser, desk, bookcase, lamps & ceiling light/fan. In all shared spaces there were reserved areas for each guest room number. The house is a block from restaurants, Target Express; 3 blocks from the University of Minnesota, a half mile from the light rail. With buses, sky walks and bike rentals galore it is easy to get around without a car. We didn't have a car and were able to go to see Chelsea soccer, Twins baseball, St. Paul museum, kayaking at one of the lakes, the Mall of America and to and from the airport. I enjoyed the whole experience and would do it all again.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2016

My husband and I went to Minneapolis over the summer to do professional development at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis. We decided to stay at the Wales House as it was listed as one of the hotel/housing options in the program brochure and it's only about a 10 minute walk to the East Bank section of the University. Every time we go back to Minneapolis for business (or for pleasure) we will definitely try our hardest to stay at the Wales House. The owners, Kelly and Julie are extremely gracious, welcoming and helpful. They know the area very well and happily gave us suggestions of places to eat and things to do when we were not working. Our room (with ensuite shower) was a great deal and very comfortable. The common living areas (including a full kitchen w/anything you would need is available for guests to use) were always clean and welcoming.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ensuite bathroom, unless you want to pay less and share.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business