$127
$118
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

$172
$155
Curio.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

University Inn(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$149
Loews Minneapolis Hotel(Minneapolis)
$189
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

$148
$115
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $170/night.

Hilton Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$123
$118
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

$141
$131
Official Site
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$161
$229
$172
  • Bar/Lounge
Millennium Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$114
$93
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

All reviewsother guestscarverhostsacademicradiator
Reviewed August 10, 2016

I stayed here while helping to move my daughter into her apartment at the start of grad school. The home is a clean, well-kept, restoration-in-progress former fraternity house. It's located among a bunch of Greek houses lining both sides of the street. During my stay in early August the neighborhood was perfectly quiet. I didn't hear a thing except for the squirrels collecting nuts outside my window. The host, Kelly, does a great job of walking through and explaining the house. There are lots of common areas for guest use. I didn't stay long enough to get good use of all the amenities, but the place is homey and I can imagine an extended stay would be really nice. There are five guest parking spaces behind the house, which is very convenient. The air conditioning was welcome! Downstairs there are two sparkling clean washer and dryer sets for guest use, a really nice feature. One of the best advantages of Wales House is the location. It's a very short walk to Dinky Town, where you can find a Target and lots of restaurants. It's a longer walk to campus, but not impossible. I would recommend Wales House for someone wanting a quiet, neighborhood place to stay convenient to the school but a little outside the fray.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank dmresource
Reviewed July 22, 2016

I have travelled to Minneapolis quite often during the last 5 years to visit the university. In this time, I have stayed in a number of different places and Wales House is by far the best! The house is extremely spacious, comfortable and clean. Julie and Kelly (the owners) are really great, friendly people. In addition to the bedrooms, the house has several very nice communal areas, and it's always nice to chat to fellow guests around the breakfast table or in the kitchen. The house is well located, close to Dinkytown and the university, on a really nice, quiet, tree-lined street. Now, whenever I visit Minneapolis, I always stay here, and if they can't fit me in, then I adjust my dates to when they do have space. It really is a home away from home. and every time I stay it is a real pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2016

I've stayed there for one week for experiments at UMN. The bedroom was really cozy, quiet, and comforted me after exhausting experiments during the day. Typically 15-min walk to UMN and it's really close to dinkytown, where you could try several wonderful restaurants. Kelly was patient and the house was lovely, along with the cute dog, Sophie. It was a pity I didn't have too many chances to talk with him due to experiments, though I was really interested in history of this old house as well as the whole city. And also the breakfasts every morning, which saved me a lot of time.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2016

I stayed in Wales House for 5 months with my partner while conducting research at University of Minnesota. Its a lovely old house, full of character and very clean and well kept with plenty of interesting artefacts and books to browse. There are different communal areas where you can chat with other guests, watch TV or find a quiet corner to read a book. It is very convenient for the university and for bus and metro transport links. Dinkytown is a safe leafy area of town, with some interesting shops and a large student population. The hosts, Kelly and Julie are very helpful and friendly and full of advice about planning travel to other areas of the states. The other guests are mainly visiting the university and there are plenty of opportunities for interesting conversations over breakfast. If you are visiting the university or want to be based in the Dinkytown area, I can thoroughly recommend Wales House as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank Oscar255115
Reviewed July 17, 2015 via mobile

I have had an absolutely wonderful stay here. It's a beautiful home with lovely features and convenient to the university and where I needed to be for work. My room was quiet and comfortable. Great restaurants close by...couldn't be happier with my experience here

Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business