“Very good place near downtown and Grand Rounds”
Review of Aqua City Motel

Aqua City Motel
Aqua City Motel
Ranked #43 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Helsinki, Finland
“Very good place near downtown and Grand Rounds”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Friendly and helpful personnel.The place is located in a truly pleasant environment on the Lyndale Ave S. Easy to go to downtown or via Blue Line...e.g. to airport / Mall of America. Also Lake Harriet and its Bandshell, Lake Calhoun & Uptown and Lake of the Isles & Grand Rounds & Three Rivers Park District etc are also near if you go by bike. Minnehaha Creek is just around the corner. Perfect place for those who like outdoor activities. Good value for money. People are friendly around there everywhere. Good coffee!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Ilkka777

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I would not recommend this motel if that's what you want to call it to my worst enemy. Not only did they have roaches they had mice. Mold on the door and wall, it smelled like urine in the bathroom area. So I got bleach to try and sanitize.we move to two different rooms and they all were nasty someone needs to call the city or bulldoze that building down because the owner doesn't care they just want our money its so sad

• Stayed April 2013
11 Thank Pizza39

Travelers are raving about these Minneapolis hotels

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Tho is the filthiest place I have ever been in. The parking lot is decent and there was a man outside in his running vehicle as another reviewer stated previously. When I walked in the room the stench was overwhelming there where holes and cracks in the walls an rat poison had been set out I stayed for about five min until I stared having horrible allergies and couldn't stand the smell the pillows were paper thin there were stains on comforters and for 70 a night soo not worth it I complained and after 5 min luckily got my money back and left would never return again it was just GROSS

• Stayed August 2012
9 Thank 77alejandra
Minnesota
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I had to go to Minneapolis last month for three days. I was looking for a nice accommodation close to downtown and found Aqua City. I was not excited to see the reviews but still ended up staying there. To my surprise it was nothing like the pictures posted here and the reviews don’t accurately describe the place. It had nice rooms, just recently remodeled and at a very affordable price. Definitely worth the money. I would highly recommend it for anybody who is looking to find a good and affordable accommodation close to downtown.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kya F
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I have stayed here off and on for several years.....working with the staff is excellent and great to work with. The rooms are clean and not like as some of the reviews i have read. The price and location is great. I would recommend this for any traveller.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank denorris w
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed at the Aqua city motel for an extended period of time.
Its a great place if you're a people watcher.... Nothing more enjoyable than prostitutes and crackheads on a friday night!
The Management isnt nosy,or easy to reach after about 8pm so if discretion is what youre after,this is the spot for you!
And dont worry about the guys sitiing in the running cars in the lot. Theyre not interested in you,they're waiting for a john to leave their girlfriend/ho's room so they can go collect their money.
As horrible as it is,I love this place. You expect to see Tom Waites sitting in a chair off to the side somewhere writing furiously.
CLAAAAAASSY!

Room Tip: They do have "deluxe" rooms which have the exact same amenities as other rooms but are muc...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
13 Thank 53soconfused
aquacity, Manager at Aqua City Motel, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
If the place is as described, why someone will stay for an extended period of time? I would check out the very first day instead of staying for a long time.
We are here 24 hours on site and office remains open. We are on Lyndale Ave. , one of the main streets in Minneapolis, I am not sure if there was someone in the parking lot from off the street that you are talking about, but we do not put up with any of the above mentioned stuff.
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This is by far the nastiest room I have ever been in in my entire life. The carpet is stained and filthy, the towels and sheets don't get washed with soap, there is mold growing everywhere and the walls are paper thin so you can smell and hear EVERYTHING. The owner is some cranky Arab man who barely knows English and short changes customers. I was even locked out for a night cause he refused to let me in my own room!60 a night isn't worth it, please save your money and go to motel 6 for 55 a night.

• Stayed September 2011
7 Thank traumatizedroach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minneapolis
Downtown
Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis

Been to Aqua City Motel? Share your experiences!