Aqua City Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$188
$178
$178
  • Breakfast included
$169
$183
$169
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$149
$170
$124
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This is by far the nastiest room I have ever been in in my entire life. The carpet is stained and filthy, the towels and sheets don't get washed with soap, there is mold growing everywhere and the walls are paper thin so you can smell and hear EVERYTHING. The owner is some cranky Arab man who barely knows English and short changes customers. I was even locked out for a night cause he refused to let me in my own room!60 a night isn't worth it, please save your money and go to motel 6 for 55 a night.

• Stayed: September 2011
7  Thank traumatizedroach
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Well, if you do not mind the horrible smelling main rug in my motel room which needed tearing out and throwing away, the lack of about half the electrical outlets or lights working, lots of what appeared to be marginal and I mean very marginal characters..... living there, and broken appliances, and lack of much connection with a manager or staff this place may be for you. On the other hand a stinking filthy carpet and the puzzling bad odor of the water may get to you after a while.
No much attention to what counts here, service and public relations.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank JohnnyOneTime
Reviewed July 23, 2010

This is a fairly average place. The pool leaves much to be desired, so go to a public pool instead of using the one on the motel property. The rooms feature the old-fashioned normal lock, with no chain, which in a way is nice, but also inconvenient if you're looking for ventilation. The best thing the room had going for it was that it was actually very big with a large bed and came with both a mini fridge and a microwave. Aside from that, it looked pretty rundown. Clean, but on the seedy side. It's on a busline, but don't expect it to come that frequently.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Numikins
Reviewed January 17, 2008

This was, undoubtedly, the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in dozens of cheap motels across the country. I had read other reviews about the filth and thought they must be exaggerating. I am a college student on a budget and just needed a room for the night after a concert so decided to take my chances as the price and location were great. I was pleasantly suprised when I pulled in and found a clean parking lot with lots of nicely planted flowers. I should of slept in the parking lot. The room was disgusting and I did not take my shoes off during the 14 hours I was there. The room faced west and with no AC was ungodly hot. The door lacked the universal chain lock so I couldn't crack it open for ventilation. When I tried to open the blinds to get to the windows the rotten cord disintegrated in my hands. Luckily someone had smashed a 4 inch by 4 inch hole in the window facing the alley so I got some air and felt oh so safe. Why didn't I just take a dip in the pool? The pool is tarped over and looks like it has been that way for years. Who wants to swim in August anyway? Back to the room. Electric and cable cords were tucked inside the electric heater, I'm not sure why they were out of the way because no one had vacuumed along the heater for at least a year. The ceiling lamp shade over the bed was broken in half, I don't know how it stayed up but I waited all night for it to fall on me and cut me in my sleep. The bathroom light fixture was so mold encrusted I wondered how it kept working. I didn't have to wonder long because the (only) bathroom light quit working about 3 hours after I had been there. At least the bathroom floor is clean now because the shower curtain was so moldy I wouldn't touch it so the floor got soaked by the shower. Did I mention the mysterious brown liquid that covered the wall next to the bed? I do have to admit that the sheets and towels were clean. When the phone in my room didn't work (you have to request it be turned on)the front staff was helpful in calling me a cab. However a man, with a jar of change and talking about God, and his junky girlfriend were in the lobby and the front staff had me tell them which room I was in then loudly told the cab company. Nothing like announcing to junkies that my room will be empty for at least the next hour and I wondered if my things would still be there when I got back. My things were still there and the hotel was quiet all night but I will not stay there again.

Stayed: August 2007
6  Thank MInomad
A TripAdvisor Member
Colorado
Reviewed April 18, 2006

I found the Aqua City Motel on Trip Advisor and called the hotel to get more information since there is not a lot listed on the site. After listening to a long drawn out answering service, I pressed 0 to speak with someone at the front desk. When my call was finally answered after 9 rings, the guy told me that he had no idea if they had a website or somewhere that I could find more information. He told me I would have to call back when the manager was on duty! He didn't even offer to take my name & number or to send me a brochure. I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2006