“Feel like a home always!”
Review of Snelling Motel

Snelling Motel
Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have stayed at the Snelling motel several times.we always stayed multiple nights every times.we selected it each time because it is a reasonably priced metro area motel & it's only a one minutes walk from a stop on the light rail.fast food restaurant subway,pizza,burger king,mcdonald & gas station are just a mile away.we never been disappointed by the service or staff.would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2012
9  Thank Jorge120

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was just a terrible place. I booked it because of the great location near the light rail stop. It was very hard to find, however. "Fortunately" the toilet exploded and I didn't have to stay. I found another place with a huge breakfast bar and pool for the same price. See my picture of the step up to the bathroom. I didn't catch the actual explosion, but I had a cascade of water down the step into the room that soaked the carpet. My sympathies to veterans who come there only because it is next to the Veteran's Hospital.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Linda T
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The one gentleman stated it right "broken English". But it more than a simple communication issue; the new owners lack courtesy, professionalism and cleanliness.

I seen cockroaches in the lobby and in the bathroom.
Unfortunately it was too late to get another place for us.

Best Advice: Stay away from this one!

P.S. I cant help but see trpadvisor receiving a lot of comments from people who are 'stuffing' the first-hand experiences (ie. the owners of the hotel are writing glowing reviews).

Room Tip: Stay away; new owners could care less about you or your stay.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Art B
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Hotel is right next to the highway 55.Its very close to the MSP Airport. The front desk staff were fantastic and friendly. We will stay here again anytime we are near this area! Clean rooms, comfortable beds, Quite Good Night Sleep. Definitely i will suggest to my friends.

Room Tip: Stayed in Non-smoking Room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
11  Thank Bob D
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Years gone by the Snelling Motel .............at least in my younger days was ....just a (not nice place to stay).....Today I found my room freshly updated and nicely clean. It was a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: high floor on the west side is better
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
20  Thank Gabe D
Reviewed July 17, 2010

This is an easy review to write: don't stay in this hotel.

I have reviewed many hotels and, although this is not he worst hotel I have ever experienced, I would recommend that you not even consider staying in this hotel. The rate was not as advertised and was too high for what the hotel is. It is in an ugly neighborhood. The public areas are cheap looking. The main area of the room looked like what you would expect from a budget hotel, but the smell in the bathroom indicated that the janitorial staff does not understand what a clean mop is. That alone is sufficient reason to avoid this hotel.

I specified "high speed Internet" as a feature--there is free wifi, although it is a bit slow and I frequently lost my connection. There is also a nearby crossing for a commuter train, and the bells at the crossing rang about every 5 minutes--it was not exceedingly loud, but might disturb some people while trying to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank gvilleguy
Reviewed July 3, 2010

My husband, 6 year old daughter and I stayed at this hotel for four nights while visiting family in the area and really enjoyed our stay. We called several hotels in the area, and all of them were over $120. Then we found the Snelling Hotel where we had a king size bed and a large, clean room for $70. The room had a refrigerator and microwave in it, and the owners were welcoming, kind, and friendly. We also had wireless, internet access. The hotel is about a 3 minute walk from the light rail. A Walgreens is two stops away so we ate breakfrast in our hotel room after getting milk and juice from the Walgreens. We are planning on comming back next year. Great deal!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family