University Inn
aloft Minneapolis(Minneapolis)
Nicollet Island Inn(Minneapolis)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssmall kitchenfull size fridgegreat locationdinky townfree coffeelaundry facilitiesextended staysmall hotelroom was cleancollege visitum campuswithin walking distancethe stone arch bridgetwin citiesgreat place to staystaff was very friendly and helpfulmississippi river
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were in Minneapolis for a baseball game and concert at First Avenue, and our daughter is a UM student. Very conveniently located hotel with simple, clean rooms, free parking, easy access to University and Downtown, nice staff, free coffee, and all at a bargain price! Glad we found it!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenny G
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Hi Jenny G,

I'm glad you found the University Inn too! Thank you for staying with us and for writing such a nice review. We hope to see you again soon, and best of luck to your daughter on her U of M experience.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Friendly and helpful staff; clean room; excellent location; free parking. I would stay there again if I was in the Twin Cities. Walking across the bridges to downtown Minneapolis was a great experience. Beautiful!

Room Tip: No complaints.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 23DavidW

Hello David W,

Thank you very much for your kind review! We love our city and I couldn't agree with you more about our beautiful downtown bridges. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay in the Twin Cities, thank you for choosing the University Inn. We'll look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Very comfortable room. Very Pleasant staff. We were in town for a show at the Northrop Auditorium. The show turned out to be a bust so we headed back to the hotel and had an enjoyable time in the room. Everyone was comfortable, plenty of comfortable chairs. Kept our refreshment cool in the large refrig. Great Place!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank 19DebM61
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Hi 19DebM61,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel! It's always nice to hear that our guests have enjoyed themselves while staying here - although I'm sorry to hear that the showed you traveled to see was disappointing. There are some really great offerings at Northrop throughout the year, hopefully the next show you see will be great! We'll see you then!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I wish we had found this location earlier :) very convenient location, reasonably priced. Staff was super friendly before and during our stay... had a family feel. loved that it had kitchen in it, saved money by eating several meals in... room was decent sized.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Becky E

Hello Becky E,

Thank you so much for your kind review - I wish you'd found us earlier too! I'm really glad you found our location and amenities convenient for your visit to the U of M, and we're looking forward to seeing you again during the school year.

Thanks again,

Reviewed July 9, 2014

the hotel is clean, and staff is friendly, the small kitchen is good for cooking dinner, so you can save some money from dinning out. They also can provide a pack and play crib for your baby for free. But there is some water leaks out from the bathroom after we take the shower, and the one of the stove is not work on the second night. I would give it 3 stars in rating if we pay the original price, but as there is a promotional discount when we book it, so it's about half of the original price, so with just about US$50 per night for a double room with such quality (clean and comfortable, near city center, with small kitchen), I give it 4 stars, again, if it's original price, I would only give 3 stars to it due to water leakage and stove not working.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ELKW

Hi ELKW,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. While I'm glad you found our staff friendly and our hotel clean and convenient, I'm concerned about the maintenance problems that you experienced. The hotel's owners have spent a great deal of money over the past year to improve this hotel, so I'm really disappointed that you experienced problems with leaking water and a partially-working stove in your room. We strive to offer great accommodations and service regardless of the price you pay for your room, and I can assure you that we will fix the problems you reported in the room you stayed in, and we'll redouble our efforts to keep our hotel well-maintained.

Thank you again for your detailed review, please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance with your next visit to the Twin Cities. I'm certain your next room at the University Inn will be trouble-free!