“Still beats staying in a hotel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Minneapolis
LeBlanc House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 10 Minneapolis B&B and Inns
Wilmington, NC
“Still beats staying in a hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

A few months ago I stayed at the LeBlanc house. The Innkeeper was super nice, but she appears to be very busy (outside of her duties as in Innkeeper). I've stayed in probably 50 + B&Bs througout the Country, and I'm always amused when an Innkeeper offers to "scamble up a couple of eggs w/ bacon" for breakfast! I mean come on, I can go to any dive resturant for that! And one morning there was no one around to even serve breakfast!?

Otherwise, my stay at LeBlanc house was fine, and the cost ($90 per night + tax) was reasonable. But if you are use to - or looking for - first rate service with a touch of culinary creativity, I'd suggest looking somewhere else...or just book a hotel room...

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Wmchase65
olufunk, Owner/Innkeeper at LeBlanc House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 9, 2010
The weekday breakfasts are Continental which includes fresh fruits, juices, yogurts, cereals and breads/pastries and coffee and tea. We are happy to prepare eggs. If a guest would like a more gourmet full breakfast, such as Swedish pancakes, that is served on Sat and Sun mornings. If a guest wants to eat breakfast after 11:30am, as was the situation with this guest, the table will be set and breakfast available for guests to help themselves. Some guests prefer to sleep in and this allows that option.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tulsa, Ok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

My wife & I stayed for two nights. This is a very comfortable B&B and the innkeepers were thoroughly helpful and accommodating to our preferences. For example, I asked for soy milk with breakfast ... no problem. They were helpful with recommendations for dining, too, and steered us to a couple of great restaurants.

Breakfast is fine . . . nothing too elaborate, but good & filling. It's "continental plus" with cereal, bread, bagels, coffee cake, juice, etc.

The location is just about perfect, as far as we were concerned. The Riverfront District, downtown, the University, and the light rail system (which connects with the airport, Mall of America, and the Metrodome) are within walking distance: perhaps a 20 minute walk to the light rail & downtown . . . just a few blocks from the Riverfront district.

We loved Minneapolis, Anytime we go , this is where we'll stay.

• Liked — location & friendliness of innkeeper
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TulsaLonghorn
nyc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2008

This is a lovely little place to stay in NE Minneapolis. The 1890's house is beautifully decorated. My husband and I slept great and the lemonade and fresh cookies and large breakfast were tasty.
A very friendly, enjoyable place.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2004

I enjoyed a delightful two night stay at Le Blanc House this October (2004). The home's Victorian decor was charming and comfortable, i.e. the large featherbed with pillowtop cover in my room, "Zofi". There were small welcome touches that were appreciated: warm cookies and tea in the afternoon, an assortment of toiletries in my room, and logs available for evening fires in the parlor downstairs. The weekend candlelight breakfast included a more than ample array of deliciously prepared dishes. During the weekdays an expanded continental style breakfast was served.
I especially liked the location of Le Blanc House. It was in the oldest part of Minneapolis, the picturesque St. Anthony Main District.Being located on University Avenue, there was some traffic noise but not to too distracting of a level. It was was near the Riverwalk, University of Minneseota, Warehouse District, and downtown area. The Walker Gallery/Guthrie Theatre was a short drive away ....
The owner was welcoming and made every effort to help me in anyway she could as with driving instructions, local information, etc. It was a pleasure to make her acquaintance.
I would heartily recommend Le Blanc House to anyone seeking a Bed and Breakfast establishment in the Minneapolis area. I was not disappointed and will certainly visit again when I am in the area.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
washington, dc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2004

This will be an odd review because I don't quite have enough to go on. But that is the problem. Many months ago, my fiance and I booked a room at LeBlanc House for our friends' wedding. I contacted the innkeeper by email and after a brief correspondence, it was established (by my submission of credit card information, dates, etc, and by her confirmation of that submission) that the room was booked. Only it wasn't. The day before we were to leave for Minneapolis, we called (thankfully) and were told that she "must have lost the information." While the innkeeper did convey her "sincerest apology," that is about as useful to us as a can of corn. We were forced to scramble around for rooms in Minneapolis for the weekend, and had to stay in two different establishments for the two nights we were there. I would recommend that the LeBlanc B&B warn potential guests that they should make backup plans just in case reservations, credit card information (gosh, that is comforting), and other information is "lost." Needless to say, had they told us up front about the hazards of their utter incompetency, much time and money would have been saved. P.S. I did my best not to sound shrill.

15 Thank bluevt