“Fun place.”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Asheville, North Carolina
“Fun place.”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

great wings and cold beer..It was nice just to get our of the heat and enjoy the Air cond and the cold beer.. Friendly staff..I would go back...

Visited September 2013

Dereham, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Travelling from the UK we have visited grumpys twice now when holidaying in MPLS.

First time I had the scicilian sandwich which was quite frankly the best sandwich I have ever had. Amazing. My wife had a cheese grill (Vegetarian) she enjoyed that as well.

This led to me going back this year. I went to have the scicilian but instead had a juicy Lucy as I had never had one before. It was nice but it wasn't the Sicilian. My wife had the salad which was huge and my daughter had a kiddie portion of corn dogs also big.

Portions are great and we have been fortunate with the weather and sat outside on both visits.

Only negative was no baby changing facilities.

Would definately recommend. You must have the Sicilian though ;0)

• Visited May 2013
“yum”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

nice bar/restaurant...good portions and price. Fantastic service. Location good as close to dome...plenty of time to eat, grab a drink, and head to a game. Little odd eating off styrofoam plates and drinking out of solo-type plastic cups but, fit the experience. Keep an open mind and enjoy the adventure.

1 Thank L&CBlackburn
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“It's a dive bar, but has great food.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Grumpy's is a downtown Minneapolis dive bar, but there's a lot to enjoy here. Monday nights all Minnesota beers are 1/2 off. I recommend a Surly Furious, and it's only gonna cost you $2.75. Stick around and at dusk on Monday they have the "drinky drive-in" which is usually a B movie played on their patio in the summer or in the side room in the winter. They have something going on pretty much daily, and occasionally have live music.

If you came for food I can whole heartedly recommend 2 things that are my favorites. One isn't on the menu, but ask for "Totchos". It's nachos but with tater tots instead of tortilla chips. Carb-a-palooza, but delicious. The Cream Cheese Burger is also fantastic. Who needs free flowing arteries, anyway? In all seriousness, it's really good.

• Visited August 2012
Venus, Florida
“Great for Lunch”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stopped here while in downtown Minneapolis mostly because it was called Grumpy's. However the food was really good and came in huge portions. I ordered the Coney Dogs and only ate 1. It came with what seemed like half a bag of chips. My BF ordered the cheesy garlic bread burger and he enjoyed it. His sister had a side salad which even though it said mix greens, it was just iceberg lettuce. We ordered a small appetizer of tater tots and it was more than enough for the 3 of us. We ate a bunch and still had some to take home. The tater tots were super crispy! Our waitress was very nice and filled our waters multiple times. The atmosphere was very relaxed; families with children were there. It was very clean and easy to find.

• Visited March 2013