“Another great business hotel...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of aloft Minneapolis

aloft Minneapolis
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Galena, Ohio
“Another great business hotel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Traveling and staying in over 100 hotels every single years...I tend to like hotels that are clean, convenient, quiet and centered around great things. This one meets it all...downtown Minneapolis right by the arts district, restaurants, sports and running paths that will take you along the Mississippi!

As a hotel, this one meets all the things that make business trips a pleasure.

Room Tip: Book it thru the SPG website and get great rates!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel if you are happy to do without room service, laundry service etc which we were. The premise of Aloft is basically a high end Premier Inn or Travel Lodge. The room was great with good quality facilities and toiletries and we found the laundry room really useful (we stayed for 3 nights as part of a two week road trip). There is also an area in reception where you can buy snacks etc so it does have everything you need - just in a self service way. Free Internet was handy and there is parking available at a reasonable cost ($7 per day) just across the street. A slightly more central location would have been more convenient but it is close to the river and isn't too long a walk to downtown. All in all, we were really pleased with our stay.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Haylea S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had waited too long to book,and got stuck with the aloft. We were celebrating our anniversary and wanted to be located in the mill district. So ,the front desk (which is awkwardly placed in a small circular booth ) had pleasant and professional staff, offering shuttle service and even a couple comp tickets for glasses of wine when I mentioned the anniversary. However, when we got to our room, I nearly cried. I felt like I was arriving into a jail cell, or at least my cubicle at work. The intent is modern, but it's really minimalistic. Gray walls , no wall adornments except a floral scape doubling as a headboard/light valance. No ambiance what so ever. Lighting was unflattering florescent. We used the one warm light in the room, the tiny desk lamp for relief. The bed was king, which we requested, but maybe all of six inches off the floor; as my husband is 6'4" and I am fairly tall at 5'10", the bed just felt awkward. The space around the bed was narrow, and the only seating was a cushioned bench placed directly under the wall mounted tv. The room was one of the smallest King's I have ever been in. The bathroom was huge, as it was handicap accessible, which we did not request, but maybe all that was left. One nice feature was free wifi (downtown mpls hotels usually charge $$). Also walking distance to mill ruins, lock and dam, and stone arch bridge, and close, no traffic drive to Nicollet Island and St. Anthony areas, which we loved.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Flowersaremypassion
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I enjoy aloft hotels, and as an SPG Platinum (5 straights years) I'm typically pleased with rooms, service & common areas. I love the aloft Asheville.

However, I could not be more disappointed by the Minneapolis aloft. I called the hotel at 6pm on the evening of my arrival to ensure that my confirmation number was accurate and my platinum number was entered correctly (a colleague had made the reservation on my behalf). I was assured that all was prepared for my arrival. I also asked about taxi service from the airport and was advised of a good limo service. The limo service cost $45, and was excellent.

When I arrived at the hotel at 11pm, I was greeted by the front desk supervisor...."so we have a problem, we don't have anymore rooms left". I assured him that he must be mistaken because I had called only a few hours ago and was confirmed on the phone!!! I confirmed that he understood and acknowledged that he was kicking a platinum out of the hotel instead of someone else. My colleagues were at the aloft and this required a change in logistics.

The supervisor apologized and told me he had a room at the Hilton 1mi away for me. I urged him to have the GM call me the next morning. Then the aloft used their van to take me to the Hilton. During the ride I left a voicemail for the front desk manager explaining the situation and my severe displeasure. I requested a call the next morning.

I have not received a call back yet.

Overall, this situation was completely unacceptable. I will never again stay at the aloft Minneapolis, and I recommend that no other Platinum SPG stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank willbw02
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We sincerely apologize for the issue you recently experienced, however we did do our best to make alternate accommodations for you to the best of our ability. We recently had a situation where a computer glitch on another website was still booking even though our hotel was sold out. Our front office manager called you and left a message apologizing for the inconvenience and asked what could be done to compensate for this issue. Our SPG members are always treated with the utmost respect and priority. Please feel free to reach out to our General Manager at 612-455-8400 or return our front office manager’s call so that we may do what we can to atone for this experience.
Provincetown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Loved the hotel. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Love the shuttle to wherever. My partner had to go to the drugstore so they took us there, waited outside while he got his stuff and then took us back. Last day they put our luggage in the back, took us to a breakfast place and then picked us up at the appointed time and took us to the light rail station!
Room clean and extremely well designed. A pleasure to be in.
Lobby is the only slight disappointment aesthetically, but plenty comfortable and great bar/gathering spot, pool table, table shuffleboard.
Excellent experience.

Room Tip: facing the river
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barrybarnes
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
We really appreciate the time you took to share your review, thank you. It pleases us to hear you enjoyed our hotel and our amenities fit your needs well. Our team is dedicated to customer service so anything we can do to make your stay special we are happy to. We hope to see you again on a future trip to Minneapolis. Take care!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

there is an amazing employee named Sean that works late nights, he is very kind, caring, and helpful. The location is wonderful, especially the Mill ruins. the rooms are clean and comfortable. The prices are great. I've had a better experience there, than the W.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind review. We have shared your comments with our team and we are delighted to hear you have had such memorable stays with us. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and quality stays to our valued guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, thanks again!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night as the hotel is conveniently located across the street from the venue we went to. Very hip looking hotel. We were lucky to score free parking spot behind the hotel, staff was friendly, we got 2 welcome drinks included in the rate. Our king size bed room was clean, spacious, bed was comfy, lots of options to eat in and around the hotel. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skeletoncrew
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at aloft Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It pleases us greatly to hear you had a wonderful stay with us recently. Our convenient location coupled with our friendly associates makes Aloft Minneapolis a premiere downtown Minneapolis hotel and we look forward to the next opportunity we have to provide you with another exceptional stay. Thanks again and take care!