“Great Hip Hotel - executing Aloft concept”
Review of aloft Minneapolis

aloft Minneapolis
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Hip Hotel - executing Aloft concept”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I had been initially turned off by the Aloft brand when we had stayed next door to a loud party (at the Baltimore Airport). This trip we gave the brand another chance when the le Meridien Chambers was completely sold out. The Aloft really impressed us. It is not in the middle of things in terms of downtown minneapolis, but it is close enough and a ton cheaper than the hotels that are right in the middle of things. Also we were able to park for free on a Saturday night by parking behind the building and not in the garage parking. The rooms are exactly like every other aloft - hip modern and highly functional. Our room faced away from Washington and was quiet and very very clean. We were extremely happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the back of the building- you have a better view of the park and there will be less roa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night for a quick weekend trip. Our first impression of the hotel was a little disappointing due to the not-so-friendly, but not-completely-rude welcome by a female concierge at the front desk. The hotel is very modern and has what looked like a popular bar in the lobby. The room and bathroom are small, but we only stayed a couple of nights so it was fine and slept great both of them.
Saturday morning we went down to ask for tips about the light rail which is only 3 blocks away, and this time the service was much better. The male concierge was very friendly and made a GREAT recommendation to try Sanctuary across the street for dinner.
Overall, we probably wouldn't stay here again because it was so modern, but it was fine for a couple of nights.

Missoula
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had a large group staying here for my son's wedding and we all really enjoyed this hotel. It is very trendy and hip with a fun bar in the lobby. All the staff were great as was the shuttle driver that we used. We walked to several good restaurants in the area and the metrodome is just 2 blocks away as is the rail station that will take you to downtown shops, mall of America and the airport. Very convenient location for someone without a car! We definitely would stay here again on our next visit to Minneapolis and recommend this hotel highly.

Ville D'Avray, France
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

While not directly in the hub of things, this hotel is within walking distance of the Nicollette Mall & the vVucking stadium & Guthrie theater. It is a concept hotel that absolutely works. Funky and cool, it made me happy to be there. Ask for a room in the back if street noise bothers you.

• Stayed October 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2012

A good option if you are planning to go to the Guthrie. Nice hotel, big rooms, fun bar on first floor. Hip feeling. Parking underneath, heated (important in winter). Not very near restaurants, so if you like walking, you'll be OK.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is my first and last stay at an Aloft hotel. I am a huge fan of the W chain and Aloft seems to be "W-lite." The rooms are laid out nicely and have a clean aesthetic. Unfortunately, the room doesn't have information or other small conveniences in-room that I would find at a W or other more 'full service' places. The price was quite reasonable. I think it is a great place for younger travelers or people on a budget who still want some style. It was a bit too spartan for me even though I generally likes my spaces to be open.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th / top floor and requested a room facing the river away from the elevator - this get...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Lasuvera
Northampton, MA
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Cool, modern loft-style design, from the open lobby with breakfast bar, lounge and cocktail lounge cool enough to be a downtown destination meeting spot. Comfortable , well appointed boutique rooms: I had a king with shower. Free WiFi, fridge, in room magazines, in room climate control. Two blocks from the light rail train that runs from the airport (and all the way to the Mall of America) Just a few blocks from the restaurant district and the U of M campus. Local shuttle service on demand.But best of all is the five star concierge service. When my lost luggage had not arrived by 9:15PM, the front desk arranged a shuttle to take me to Target (which is open until 10) and wait while I shopped for a change of clothes and necessaries, and helped me get another copy of my presentations printed for the conference I was presenting at the next morning..They had a toiletry kit sent to my room. Pleasant and professional, despite a 'laid back" unstuffy feel. I am officially a fan of this chain, and will look for Aloft hotels in other cities! (Yes, this is a real review, from a frequent traveler.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business