The Hotel Minneapolis was a solid experience for a quick one-night trip to Minneapolis recently to see friends...
- All the comforts and consistency of the major chains (and backed by Marriott/Autograph collection), but with a bit more personality. Atmospheric lobby built out of an older structure.
- Newer-rooms that were well kept. I was upgraded to a two-room suite.....I've definitely stayed in more nicely furnished higher-tier places, this was solid in a four-star sort of way.
- Fine (for a 4-star US property) breakfast options.
My only complaints might be...
- A bit louder of a clientele than I might like...definitely some noise after 2 am in the hallways
- Good, relatively close location - but for many things might help to be a couple of blocks over towards Nicollet Mall, the heart of downtown, and the Warehouse District etc....although this would be closer than most other places to the Metrodome / future Vikings stadium.
- Hotel felt a bit "empty" in a way. My sense is that this property was a ~2005-2007 real estate boom sort of deal that perhaps, like some of the many hotels that opened downtown around that time, haven't quite lived up to their goals. Not really sure if it matters, but it means a understaffed (and customered) restaurant and bar. It means maybe not as much staffing elsewhere at the door, etc. That said, it was a summer weekend in Minnesota - not many people downtown in the first place. And that also helps with great rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection is conveniently located in downtown Minneapolis combining urban energy with a sophisticated and comfortable experience that truly mixes business with pleasure. The hotel is connected to the city's renowned skyway system and within blocks of the city's most desirable destinations:Nicollet Mall, Target Headquarters, the Minneapolis Convention Center, Mall of America Field, shopping, entertainment, and restaurants including the award winning restaurant MAX located right at the hotel. The hotel is also located 1 block from Light Rail Transit connecting to Minneapolis International Airport and Mall of America. Featuring 6,000 square ft. of flexible meeting space, 24 hour fitness and business center, and 222 guestrooms with high-speed wireless Internet Access, work desks, flat screen LCD televisions, and MP3 docking station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Minneapolis Doubletree
- Minneapolis Doubletree