The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection
LeMeridien.com
$250
$169
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$114
aloft Minneapolis(Minneapolis)
$149
$142
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmax restaurantthe concierge loungemarble columnsvalet parkinglight railformer bankfront desk stafflarge bathroomovernight parkingbeautiful hotelper nightbeautiful lobbybooked this hotelshower headvalet servicenice roomfew blocks
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I live in Minneapolis and decided to book a last minute room on Hotwire for a Saturday night staycation. This was my first time staying at The Hotel Minneapolis; overall I was pleased. Our room was small, but did not feel tight. Everything was clean and orderly. Staff was friendly. The bed was terrific -- very plush. It seriously felt like a cloud. I appreciated the recycling bins in our rooms and the overall tidiness of the hotel. Overall, it was pretty good!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fox_and_Anchor
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Booked through hotwire and had never stayed here before. I was told it would be an additional $50 for 2 queen beds when I called ahead about our stay. I figured I'd just wait it out and worry about it during check in. We wound up having no issues getting a room with 2 queens, so glad I didn't pay the $50 ahead of time. The room was larger than most hotel rooms and was a great deal for the price we paid on hotwire. We were able to take the skyway all the way to the Target Center as well, which was nice on a cold night. $8 parking across the street on the weekend for the night!.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My visiting sister booked a room on Priceline less than a week before her stay and got a decent rate. ($89). The room was at the farthest end of the hallway from the elevator, but that wasn't an issue for us. The room seemed a bit small, however we both liked how it wasn't just a rectangle, but an unusual shape. Views were of City Hall and the parking ramp, but what do you expect from the 8th floor of a downtown hotel? The bathoom was large, huge shower with a waterfall showerhead and very clean. I also like that the garbage cans had separate bins for recyclables and trash. The bed was one of the best I've experienced for several years!

Check-in was easy, the lobby beautiful and the vault area and historical photos on the walls are a great touch. The only thing that seemed off was the decor of Audrey's Vault/Max Restaurant. The original marble columns were wrapped by iron and stained glass lily pads? There were odd touches of mid-century decor mixed in with estate sale glass throughout the area. But that did give us something to talk about during our nightcap...Service was prompt and friendly.

Rather than utilize room service for breakfast, we went the few blocks to Hell's Kitchen for their fantastic scrambled eggs and peanut butter. I would definitely recommmend this hotel to visitors.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Very pleased with staff and accommodations. One of the best beds I have every slept on. Many time better than the one I have on my house! Clean, modern rooms. Rooms had nice views of downtown. Good location to area attractions. Cheap parking one block away at public ramp. $4 a day! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Hard to believe this hotel is a Marriott. Really attractive, inviting, unique place to stay while in downtown Minneapolis. Was an old elaborate bank, there are several converted vault rooms for dining, wine with original vaults still intact. Spent 5 nights, enjoyed the comfortable beds, total quiet and peaceful sleep. Exercise facility, newspaper, concierge floor breakfasts, all excellent. The restaurant offers delicious gourmet food and great vintages for dinner, however, the wait time is very, very long. The location, although downtown, is not exactly in the center of all the activity. Fine for me, since I enjoyed the quietude. Overall, I really enjoyed this hotel, and would definitely recommend to friends and will return next time I am in Minneapolis.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business