“Very comfortable beds”

The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We booked this hotel through an online discount website and were very pleased with our selection. It normally is an expensive hotel but we got a very good deal. They only have valet parking and that might be the best choice since overnight parking at a nearby parking ramp is almost just as expensive. The location is not near the downtown shopping but the skyways are useful and the lightrail train stop is nearby. The bed is very comfortable and the bathroom layout is better than most. We did not go to the restaurant or lounge but there are many food choices through the skyways a building or two away.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Hotel Minneapolis, Autograph Collection

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I got two rooms through Hotwire. The price was great, and the hotel was very nice. No cons. We parked in the parking ramp across the street. It cost us $10.50 for overnight.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2011

As other reviewers have stated, this hotel is in a cool historical building. Our room was very nice, but also small and awkwardly set up. The sign outside stated "Free Valet after 4 pm for Guests," but we were actually charged $27.00 for one night of valet. This is Minneapolis, not Manhattan! When we asked about the Free Valet sign, we were told it was for the hotel restaurant only. This seems odd, since restaurants don't normally refer to their customers as "guests," so it's a bit misleading. Front desk staff wasn't the nicest, but the valet/bellhops seemed very nice and helpful.

We only stayed one night, but overall it was a good experience. Breakfast in the restaurant was very expensive, so we didn't eat there.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2011

The TripAdvisor crew has pointed me in the right direction again! Nice clean hotel, friendly staff, great location - not much else to ask. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. I was only there for one night and didn't use any of the amenities, but there seemed to be many (restaurant, free wireless in the lobby, etc).

I didn't know much about the hotels in Minneapolis and the prices and amenities seemed fairly comparable. I picked the Hotel Minneapolis based on the location and the reviews from TripAdvisor. It's an easy walk down to First Street and Target Field. The light rail stop is only a couple blocks away.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for a good downtown Minneapolis hotel.

Room Tip: As with any downtown hotel - I usually opt for higher floors to reduce the noise
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Great location, drove up to hotel were not impressed by exterior, but once inside it was gorgeous, great staff & location. Got a bargain rate at hotwire. Very impressed

Room Tip: Great location!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Very neat hotel. This is an old bank building that has been converted to a boutique hotel. Lobby is beautiful and uniquely done. It is also a "green" hotel. They recycle in each room and the thermostats in the room have an "eco friendly" setting that conserves energy. My busines was in the Nicollet Mall area and it was a close walk to where I needed to be AND the train.

The room I had was very small and decorated in a trendy style but the colors were the brown and orange of the 70s. Not my taste but if it's yours, the decor is fine (chrome & dark wood). Something I found odd was the placement of the flat screen TV. You had to be in bed to watch it, as it was mounted on the wall right next to the bed. As I mentioned the room was small so I guess that was the only place to put it. Now for the part all you tall people are waiting for....in the bathroom, no tub shower combo, just a shower. The head on the shower was one of those rain style ones and was mounted WAY up the wall. Great shower for basketball players. If your someone who is vertically challenged, you might drown. Also, the toilet was high. I'm not a short women at almost 5'8 and my feet barely touched the floor. My view wasn't much to speak of so I kept the curtains pulled the whole time. My room looked over the roof of a lower building with an office building beyond. Bed was VERY comfortable. The maid service the best I've had at any hotel I've stayed at to date.

My room included access to the Concierge Lounge and it was WELL worth it. Relaxed atmosphere reminiscent of my own living room and breakfast was served each morning at no extra cost. It was a buffet w/ hot and cold items, a good selection and an attendent to keep fresh food out and to pick up. Great place to wind down at the end of the day with the happy hour they offer or start the day with a full stomach and good coffee HIGHLY recommend it.

Food in the hotel's resteraunt is good but room service has a better selection and the pricing more reasonable. I wished I had ordered from there instead once I got to my room and actually looked over the menu.

Overall, I will stay here again the next time I'm in Minneapolis.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DallasRunningGirl
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I am writing this review from the concierge lounge of the Hotel Minneapolis. The hotel is located 1.5 blocks from the Government Plaza light rail station, so it is a direct ride from the airport for only $1.75. The hotel is also a short walk to the convention center.

What makes this hotel awesome (on top of its stylish, clean look and great service), is that if you are a Marriott silver, gold, platinum member, you get access to a nice Concierge lounge (with complimentary full hot breakfast, beverages, afternoon snacks, business center, etc). Also, they will give you your wifi access for free.

The best part is, they are one of the rare hotels that let me exercise my Silver privileges even though I booked an insanely discounted rate on Priceline. GREAT HOTEL!

My only negative is that there is no swimming pool, but not that big a deal.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business