“Service can be spotty”

Hong Kong Noodles
Ranked #346 of 1,862 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've dined here several times since reviewing it and giving it full marks, however, poor service has prompted me to give it another, less favorable review. And that service is the sole reason for giving it only two stars. While I still feel the food here is pretty good, and has in the past been generally worth the hassles of so-so service on most nights, my most recent trip was bad enough that I'm not sure about that anymore. The waitress was impatient from the start when I asked if specific vegetables were in a particular dish. No, they weren't, she said, and they couldn't be added to that particular dish for an upcharge. My wife had already ordered, and when I told her I needed another minute, then, to decide, she said fine, but then apparently placed my wife's order and didn't return for 10 minutes. By then, my wife's food had emerged from the kitchen. So, I placed my order, finally, asking if the specific vegetables came with the dish as pictured. Yes, she said. Of course, those vegetables weren't on the plate when my dish emerged. When I asked her about that, she said denied everything. Unless the kitchen had run out of those items, in which case she should have told me so, she knew the precise vegetables I wanted. Through our conversation, she had figured out the ones I didn't want. Yes, those were the ones that were on my plate. She then denied it all to the manager, who did not charge us for the dish (it was given to another table). I'm not sure if I'll be back.

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

It's your typical Chinese food, but the staff is so rude. I will not be going back after how I was treated by one of the women working there. I'll choose another restaurant next time I want some Chinese.

1  Thank Minnegirl7
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Get the lunch/dinner specials, which include rice and eggroll for a low price... you really know it's a good chinese restaurant when it's FULL of chinese people! My favorite twin cities chinese restaurant, ate there through college and for years after

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I know this restaurant has been here for several years, but we had never tried it until a couple of months ago. The choices are plentiful and the food is great. They offer Chinese , Vietnamese and Korean foods and even though they offer so many choices, they still do a great job with most. Our favorites are shrimp & vegetables over pan fried noodles, salt & pepper squid, wonton noodle soup and beef chow fun. The only thing that we tried and didn't like was stir fried tofu & vegetables.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Love this restaurant! Their menu is extensive and includes chinese, korean, thai and other asian dishes. We always get our favorites: Thai style chicken wings - spicy, saucy, and sweet; roasted duck soup, beef with chives, and pan fried noodles - crispy and delish! Their beef chow fun, korean kalbi, and various fried rice is also good.