“Unique and tasty Asian cuisine”
Review of Hong Kong Noodles

Hong Kong Noodles
Ranked #368 of 1,870 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Love this restaurant! Their menu is extensive and includes chinese, korean, thai and other asian dishes. We always get our favorites: Thai style chicken wings - spicy, saucy, and sweet; roasted duck soup, beef with chives, and pan fried noodles - crispy and delish! Their beef chow fun, korean kalbi, and various fried rice is also good.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is my family favorite restaurant. We would use any excuse to come here and it is always worth the 25+ miles drive from where we live. Everything on the menu is fantastic. I haven't been disappointed. Our favorite is the house clam, deep fried garlic squid, salty fish and chive, roast duck wonton noodle soup and the beef with pickled cabbage.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is my favorite Chinese restaurant in the Cities, but even when campus wasn't being torn up, it was challenging to find a place to park nearby. Now, it can be hard just finding it, with traffic being rerouted. Still, it remains busy as ever, and no matter when we've gone, we've always had to wait to be seated, as it isn't very large. The service can be sporadic, and the woman at the front desk can be culturally awkward, coming off as rude (though I'm not sure she means to be). But the food makes all the above worth it. My favorite dish is the shredded pork with pan fried noodles. I've had this dish at several different restaurants in several different cities. This rendition is probably the best, from the consistent crunchiness of the noodles to the flavor of the garlic sauce. No matter what we've ordered here, we haven't been disappointed, including the whole walleye that we ordered when family was in town.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I just moved to Minneapolis a few months ago and we have been searching for good Chinese food around campus. We love spicy Chinese dishes like Kung Pao chicken, but at some other places we tried, we found dishes that would say "spicy" on the menu and then would be flavorless. And I'm not saying we want to set our mouth on fire, we just want something with a kick that has some flavor and isn't bland!

Last weekend, we continued our search for a Chinese restaurant. We first went to Pagoda in Dinkytown, which I know is good because my professor ordered them for our class once. However, there was no parking available and the place was ridiculously crowded, even the line to order takeout was long! So we went to Hong Kong Noodles, which I'd heard was good. They are near the stadium so I wasn't sure if we'd find parking, but there were several spots open in their lot when we arrived. Though the restaurant was a bit crowded (it was Sunday lunchtime, after all), the waitress seated us immediately and gave us some water and tea. One bite into our Kung Pao chicken and General Tso's chicken dishes, and we knew we had found our Chinese restaurant! The dishes were full of flavor! They have dinner specials, $8/plate and it's a pretty generous portion. My only complaint was we didn't get fortune cookies, but I know that's more an American thing and from what I'd heard, Hong Kong noodles is closer to authentic than most Chinese places around here. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank lizb128
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I really enjoyed the food here. I reminded me of visiting Hong Kong years ago! Nothing fancy to look at from the outside (or inside), but great food. Service was kind of slow, but we were in no hurry.