Tripadvisor
Minneapolis
1,041 results
All reviews rooftop bar north loop the rooftop hot tub exposed brick cool vibe great hotel boutique hotel cool hotel warehouse district great bar within walking distance great room twin cities valet parking sauna lobby staycation
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Was told by security in the lobby to keep our valuables close to our person or they will get stolen. This gave the impression that the lobby was unsafe and security was insufficient. Door staff watched as we attempted to open the doors while lugging our bags into the building both on check-in and check-out. We were made aware that the pool was closed after we checked in, but we were reimbursed for this inconvenience.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank dowlingeric
Hewing_Hotel, Manager at Hewing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

dowlingeric,

I am very sorry to hear of your recent experience. While we aim to provide great, intuitive service for each and every one of our hotel guests, it looks like we fell short of this. I have brought this up to both my security and valet teams so we can address this service failure moving forward. I also apologize that the spa pool was closed during your visit. Please contact me directly should you prefer to discuss this in greater detail.

Director of Operations
kbrisch@hewinghotel.com

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It was a short trip, turnaround in 3 days. The weather was ghastly, -10 to -16° C and on two of the days there was a snow storm. Staying at Hewing made the trip so much more interesting and memorable. The hotel has so much design, so well thought out without being pretentious. The exposed brick, the timber cross beams, stayed true to its origins - a warehouse. The lobby has good atmosphere, good for socializing, especially welcomed when it is bleak outside.There is a pool table, open space, sitting area with a fireplace (although it was not lit when we were there). The hotel welcomes pets,and has a dog food bowl and water out, ready for VIPets! Even has the name of every dog in the house that guests bring on a chalkboard to recognize their VIP status! Another plus is you can fit a family of 4, all adults, to a room because they are configured with two queen sized beds. Without the queens, you probably have to pay for 2 rooms instead of one. I cannot imagine staying in a chin hotel on this trip and getting the satisfaction I did at the Hewing.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

leevidaga,
Thank you so much for your informative review of our historic building. We are so glad you were able to find the retreat you were looking for during your recent visit and enjoyed our VIPets welcome! It is one of our favorite things about the hotel. We can't wait to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

I love staying at this hotel. It makes work seem like play. The beds are so comfortable and the workout area is great. It is an extra treat to be able to walk downstairs and take a yoga class. And having a dip in the rooftop hot tub before bed was decadent. I sat in the hot tub and enjoyed a Minnesota snowfall on my head while I was toasty warm. Very cool experience!!

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Explore724231,
Thank you for your recent review of the Hewing Hotel. We are so glad to hear you were able to use our unique amenities and find the yoga studio to relax after. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Cool, MN experience to sauna, roof-top hot tub etc. (You need to ask for robes, BTW and BYO slippers/sandals for getting to/from the rooftop facilities via elevator),
BUT,
The sound insulation in our room was inexcusable. We were kept awake until 5am by four people simply talking in their room. They were not loud or partying (we could hear their conversation), simply having normal conversation on and off in their room until 5am (BTW, I feel old saying this, but who stays up that late?). We couldn't be certain if they were above/below or on which side of the room or if through the vents, but all night we could hear them start/stop conversations ( I think they were playing a board game). I finally lost it and pounded on the wall at 3am, but again couldn't be sure where it was coming from, and was aware that at that point I'm now a problem disturbing others. In that they weren't getting crazy/partying or doing anything wrong, there wasn't a complaint worth calling the front desk about, but certainly, our relaxing staycation away from kids resulted in us sleeping far worse at The Hewing than we do when at home with young children which was the antithesis of our desire for the stay. (We're not light sleepers either--you get it). Their conversations were audible at normal level throughout the night...like I know plenty of things about them now- audible. (Room 421).
Super disappointed, because we splurged; had a nice night of sauna, hot-tub and coursed-out dinner in the restaurant. We would have been vocal ambassadors for the Hewing otherwise if we could have simply had a good night's sleep. Hoping this is an isolated incident to the room we were in and not an indication of poor sound insulation throughout, but I'm seeing other comments and thought to share. You may get lucky and not have insomnia board game players adjacent to you... But if it happens, trust me you leave feeling tired and frustrated.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank James S

Good Evening James,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at the Hewing Hotel. As the premier boutique travel destination in Minneapolis, we pride ourselves on providing intuitive, bespoke hospitality and a relaxing oasis of hygge comfort in the bustling Twin Cities area. As such, it is extremely disappointing to see that we missed an opportunity to deliver on our service goals and failed to meet your expectations. I have sent you a private email to have the opportunity to address this moving forward.

Kind Regards,
Cassie Pinkham
Assistant Guest Services Manager

Reviewed January 20, 2020

The service we received from hotel attendants and receptionships was top notch, everyone was polite, timely, and very professional. Although, this should be standard when staying at a hotel. Outside of the service, I thought the "touches" were cheap and lacked thoughtfulness. The thinest bathrobes I have ever seen and no slippers or sandals to go along with them. Let me remind you it is winter in Minnesota and freezing... Also, our room did not have a window to the outside, which for a suite, made it feel very cramped and claustrophobic.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

dttorgerson,
Thank you for your recent review of the Hewing Hotel. I apologize that you did not enjoy the bathrobes that we have at the Hewing Hotel. We do have slippers upon request and I have noted the preference in your profile in the event you decide to return. The Atrium Suites are facing our Atrium and some of our guests do not prefer these rooms. Moving forward, I would be happy to be your point of contact should you end up returning to the Hewing as we want each and every guest to have a wonderful experience.

Director of Operations