“Heaven for take-out” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Heaven for take-out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have never had such a melt-in-your-mouth cheesecake...oh my god....it was DIVINE!
I couldn't tell you whether the place was expensive or not as the presentation of their goodies made me stop thinking about this the second I browsed their display. I had one dessert with my friends, bought another for the road and another to share with my significant other.

I know for sure that I will be back there. Although the cashier didn't seem overly excited to get some business.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Cheese!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went to the Minnesota Cheese fest today. Salty Tart was there with their Jalapeno cheese bread and Asiago pastries. Cheesy and delicious!

• Visited September 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Everything was excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Michelle Gayer from Salty Tart, together with Jack Riebel from Butcher & the Boar, was among the nominees for the Best Chef in Midwest award from James Beard Foundation. Pastry chefs are not often considered for such awards and while visiting Minneapolis we made plans to taste her tarts and cookies. The bakery is located in Midtown Global Market, an interesting arrangement of multiple vendors offering a wide variety of products, grocery items and delicacies. On Sunday morning there were very few people in a big building. Salty Tart was indeed very good. We tried seasonal fruit tart, chocolate salted caramel tart and three other pastries. Everything we tried was excellent. Open design allows watching at least some steps of preparation – additional entertainment factor. When we will be in Minneapolis next time, we will revisit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Sacramento, California
“So many treats, so little time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This little bakery stand was featured in the airplane magazine as I was flying in. Imagine my delight to find it was across the street from my hotel! Tried all the chocolate cakes and cupcakes I could during my stay, and even managed to take one home on the plane with me. The variety was wonderful, but the lemon trifle was divine.

Visited June 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“We came back the next day, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

On our son's recommendation we visited the Salty Tart for pastry. The sweet pastry was delicious especially the pear galette with the perfectly melt-in-your mouth 1/2 pear on top. BUT the best treats were the savory ones! My favorite was the croissant with cheese and roasted red pepper. We enjoyed every pieces so much that we came back the next morning for more!

• Visited April 2013