W Minneapolis - The Foshay
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $254/night.

$176
$158
Curio.com
  • Room Service
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$95
$93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

$247
Hilton Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$188
$177
Hilton.com
$159
$151
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$152
$169
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$106
$93
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

Millennium Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$167
$118
Priceline
1,346 results
All reviewsobservation deckmanny's steakhousefoshay towerliving roombliss productshistoric buildingcorner roomcupcakesart decomini bartop floorrain showermain floorwater pressurevalet parkinghell's kitchenbusiness trip
Reviewed August 29, 2010

For the price this hotel met all of my expectations but didn't particularly exceed them. The room was furnished impeccably; the flat screen hi def tv, Tivoli radio, and iPod charging station were very nice touches. The bathroom was particularly nice. I love a great shower head and this one certainly delivered! Views from this upper floor room were great and the light from windows gave it an inviting appeal. My friend stayed on a lower level room where windows opened into the alley; that room had a distinct dark, almost cave-like quality. I appreciated the work out room (with free water!) but it was a bit small with 6-8 machines. In a hotel of this size I found there was no room for me one occasion. Also, with no windows we returned to that closed in feeling.
The location is outstanding and probably worth the premium price. So many attractions/shopping/restaurants are within easy walking distance and we always felt safe.
In all the Foshay is a nice experience (but make sure to get an upper floor room!).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I travel to Minneapolis regularly and have stayed at most of the hotels in the downtown area. The W is my favorite. What the Graces 601 tries to be (hip cool and trendy) but falls short on, the W captures well. It is a hip place with great service. The restaurant is fantastic and the lobby bar fun. Beds are the most comfortable downtown- period. Great bathrooms too.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

We were on a 35 day road trip and stayed one night at the W. The staff are very friendly and helpful. As in other reviews, the lobby is dark, dark, dark. I don't know how the concierge can see as that area of the hotel was dark, dark, dark too! The room was comfortable and well appointed with a very nice rain shower, BUT the lighting was so poor one couldn't read while sitting on the sofa or in bed. Perhaps it is my "old" eyes, but in order to read, and because the lighting in the room was so bad, I had to sit on the floor in the bathroom to read.

Even the corridors are dark, dark, dark!

Fees for valet parking are ridiculous at $28/night!

On the plus side, the hotel is in a great location and the bartenders at Prohibition are very friendly though the drinks are very expensive.

BRING A FLASHLIGHT!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the W last night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Last year, we stayed at Graves 601 and absolutely loved it, but thought it would be fun to try a new hotel. We had been looking forward to this all summer. Unfortunately, it was not as great as we had hoped. It cost $30 to park the car overnight, which I thought was a lot. When you walk into the entrance, it is very dark and has an edgy, retro feel to it. The check-in went smoothly and the employees were very friendly, I must say. My husband, however, made the comment that this hotel would be the perfect place to film a horror movie. I laughed but I had to agree. It kind of had that dark, spooky feel to it. The room wasn't much better. It was incredibly small for the price and had a cold, sterile feel to it. One thing I did like was the rainhead in the shower...it was great. Even though the hotel is fairly new, it was already starting to show wear and tear. We went to Prohibition (the bar on the 27th floor...it had a cool atmosphere and good happy hour specials), as well as the observation deck (that was fun), but I just didn't want to spend any time in our room. Usually, I love relaxing in a nice hotel room, but the decor made it hard to relax and get comfortable. It doesn't even come close to the Graves 601 in terms of the value for the money or the accomodations. I'm glad we gave the W a try, but we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2010

The Foshay is excellent. The W chain is quite brilliant with the concept of the Living Room. The beds and rooms are terrific, the views are generally good from this building, the quality of food (Manny's) is terrific, the drinks are wonderful and the service is topnotch. I cannot say enough things to justify how great the place is.

The only thing I would comment negatively about is the available parking. At almost $30/night for valet - assurance that your vehicle is in a safe location indoors in a city not of your own can be a concern. I am not loaded with money but I was fortunate enough to be on a business trip, so the company paid for it. However, if I was the average person who wanted a great weekend in a posh location, this place would be ideal, aside from the parking. Unless of course, W is hoping to discriminate between rich and average.

Drinks are also ludicrously priced ($12 for a berry martini) is quite silly. I dine in Knightsbridge, Soho and South Kensington on a somewhat regular basis - the only way to get funds out of me for a drink is if comes out of a designer bottle with a designer name. Even after conversion rates, this is a ridiculous amount for a beverage. I'm certain that its all apart of the ambiance of "rich" or "socialite" but its quite silly.

Another thing is the absurd requirement for a passport for ID if one is from another country. Any form of government photo ID should be accepted. Having to bring my passport all over the hotel every single day as ridiculous and redundant.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business