“Love this place!”

W Minneapolis - The Foshay
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is among my favorite hotels I've ever stayed at. The staff and the customer service are impeccable and the decor is really fun and cool--20s art deco complete with brightly colored neon lights in a historic building. The room was spacious and very comfortable and attractive. The restaurant (Manny's) has delicious food, although it's quite expensive. As a W hotel they have whatever/whenever service, where you call by pressing one button on the phone and they'll quickly bring you what you need. They sent someone up with a new TV remote, another person brought me leftovers that I'd stored in their refrigerator, and a third person brought silverware because I had forgotten to ask for it. I got a great deal from a travel website--it was a "mystery hotel" and I'll definitely stay there again if I can. It's connected to the downtown skywalks, so you can go to stores etc. without going outside in winter. Big thumbs up!

Room Tip: Higher floors have spectacular downtown views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Welcome Judy D,

Thank you for taking the time to share details from your recent visit to W Minneapolis-The Foshay! I am thrilled to hear we rank as one of your favorite hotels for the historic and modern vibe with a 1920’s touch, breathtaking views of downtown Minneapolis and impeccable Whatever/Whenever guest service! It will be a pleasure to ensure your next stay is just as memorable!

Enjoy the spring!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great times when we were kids in the 50's. The Foshay Tower was the tallest building in downtown Minneapolis and as kids we would buy large balsa wood airplane and go up to the tower and sail them into the air. We would watch them fly miles and miles and they would land as far as south Minneapolis.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JackGon

Hello JackGon,

Thank you for visiting W Minneapolis-The Foshay and sharing your special memories! It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for a stay, discover the history on the 30th floor Foshay Museum and Observation Deck, and enjoy beautiful 360 degree views of downtown Minneapolis. Happy spring!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I regularly visit Minneapolis for leisure getaways and although I've stayed at other hotels downtown, the Foshay W Hotel is decidedly my favorite! The location is perfect, the staff is ever helpful and the concierge staff invariably makes me feel like I'm "coming home" each time I arrive (even with hugs!). The hotel has two "happening" bars (I'm a nut for hotel bars), excellent 24-hour room service food, and each room I've stayed in was supremely comfortable. I'd be hard-pressed to list any real negatives about my stays at this property. I especially like the public parking directly across the street. When I arrive, I put my car in that garage and never use it again for a weekend's stay. Private car services are readily available right out front the hotel, and the valet/front door staff assist in making any arrangements I need to get around. If you like being pampered, this is the hotel in which to find it!

Room Tip: Request a corner room for more windows and light.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Hello Bryan P,

Thank you for the five star review, and declaring W Minneapolis-The Foshay your favorite hotel in the city! It is our pleasure to accommodate your requests and make W Minneapolis an escape as your home away from home. We look forward to delivering Whatever/Whenever on your next W experience!

Cheers,

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The Foshay was recommended to me because of its beautiful art deco style and history. The Foshay is so beautiful and classy, with an interesting history.

I had never been to Minneapolis before, so I had a few questions before I arrived, which were nicely answered by the Whatever, Whenever staff. The Whatever, Whenever staff was also a great help when there was a small issue with my stay.

Upon check-in, my room was upgraded {Thank you!!}, and I went up to the 21st floor, where I was able to catch a little bit of the sunset. It was such an incredible view. I loved being able to see the sun rising and setting while in the middle of downtown Minneapolis.

I must admit that I was a bit nervous about the noise at night, especially being downtown in such a large building, but it was actually really quiet.

It was really cold (sub-zero) while I was there, so I didn't get to walk around too much downtown, but the location is a great starting point for sightseeing and such, and a great place to come back to to relax at the end of the day.

This was my first experience with a W hotel, but it definitely won't be my last.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Welcome Teresa Y,

Thank you for making W Minneapolis your home away from home, it was wonderful to have you as our guest! It was our pleasure to upgrade your guestroom, answer any questions and show you exactly what the W’s Whatever/Whenever service is all about. Spring is in the air, and the arts and entertainment district W Minneapolis is nestled in is alive, so come back soon for another Minneapolis getaway!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Attended the Grand Red Tasting that is held there. This was my 2nd time staying at the hotel & everything was top notch. This time we had a suite & the other person in the room said that all the rooms at the W are so nice it's hard to appreciate a suite because every room feels like a suite.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Hello Prettegrl,

Thank you for being our guest at W Minneapolis-The Foshay and for attending the 2014 Grand Red Tasting event! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, including the vivid art deco design, modern amenities and spaciousness of your guestroom during your roam away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed April 4, 2014

If you are looking for a hotel in downtown Minneapolis, your search ends here at the W Minneapolis-The Foshay.
The building is historic and is centrally located in downtown; 1 block from Target and a few blocks from everything else and all accessible by Skyway.
Upon arrival, the valet staff will greet you and take care of all your parking needs.
The hotel itself is very swanky and has the best bars; lobby bar and Prohibition up on the 27th floor that offer great views.
The rooms are swanky and are probably some of the best rooms in the W chain. There's an awesome mini bar set up that ads to the room's charm.
Great bathrooms, beds, and robes.
Front desk service is great; always greeting you by name and they are extremely warm and welcoming.
Concierge desk is the best in the business; They always seem to find a way to answer a question, book a restaurant, and meet every request you throw at them.
This is my go to hotel when I travel to MN and my benchmark hotel that I compare others to.
If you don't stay here, you are missing out. If you want to flash back to the 1970's, stay at the Hilton down the road. If you want to be a trendsetter, stay at the W.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Hello John N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent W Minneapolis visit with the TripAdvisor family! I am thrilled you fell in love with our onsite Living Room and Prohibition Bars, not to mention the Munchie Box minibar setup in your guest room. It was a pleasure to deliver a Whatever/Whenever experience and we can’t wait to have you again at the historic Foshay Tower. Cheers!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

At our recent stay everything was perfect staff really goes the extra mile to take care of guests. Room was very clean with great views. Lots of great amenities in the hotel and nearby in case weather is not cooperative.

• Stayed: March 2014
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Hello AKwik6,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with us at W Minneapolis-The Foshay! It is a pleasure to receive your 5 star review and to deliver a real Whatever/Whenever experience. Come back soon to sip, bask and celebrate at W Minneapolis!

Warm Regards,