“Great experience, great location, great price.”

W Minneapolis - The Foshay
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My stay cost only $88/nighy. The hotel is in the heart of downtown Minneapolis in the historic Foshay Tower, within walking distance of everything, including the light-rail. No car needed! The rooms were clean, the view from my hotel was great, and the staff was polite.

• Stayed: March 2014
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hello mzbka,

Thank you for the great review on your recent experience at W Minneapolis-The Foshay! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and the fabulously central and accessible location of the Foshay Tower in the heart of downtown Minneapolis! I look forward to welcoming you back soon for Whatever/Whenever!

Matthew Hawkins

Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the W for our 19th anniversary celebration. From the moment Alex checked us in until we retrieved our car from the valet a day later, and everything in between, we were treated like royalty. We were made to feel like our special occassion was being celebrated with us. All of the staff was courteous, helpful and friendly. A definite thumbs up!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hello Arndtfam,

Thank you for celebrating your 19th anniversary with us at W Minneapolis-The Foshay, cheers to you! I will be sure to pass on your fabulous feedback regarding your stay to Alex and the rest of our talent. Stop by anytime, for a relaxing night away or for another memorable celebration!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The W branding strongly carries itself, but it says something when each and every staff member goes out of their way to provide professional and individualized service to you. I've stayed at many W Hotels across the nation and I will say that the W Foshay is, by far, my new favorite. Each staff member was attentive, kind and very helfpul. The hotel is clean and the rooms were impeccably serviced with a thoughful touch to detail. Being away from my family while I travel on business is hard enough and I felt that staying at the W Foshay gave me sense of calm and a wonderful living space while I was away. I would highly recommend that anyone traveling to Minneapolis stay here.

Room Tip: HIgher floor on a corner is great!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hello MarinLivin,

Greetings from the Midwest, and thank you for being our guest at W Minneapolis-The Foshay! Thank you for the kind words regarding our professional and caring talent; who take pride in making our guests feel most at home and delivering personalized Whatever/Whenever service to all. W Minneapolis looks forward to your next visit to the iconic Foshay Tower!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was by far my best hotel experience in Minneapolis. From before I even got there to check out time I received top notch service! Each employee I had talked to made sure everything was the way I wanted it to be!They know how to host their guests.

• Stayed: March 2014
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Hello Nate212,

Thank you for visiting W Minneapolis-The Foshay, and for your fabulous feedback regarding your W experience! Our Whatever/Whenever guest service philosophy is a way of life here at W, and it is our pleasure to make your time with us most memorable. It will be a pleasure to have you return again soon, enjoy the spring!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is by far the nicest hotels to stay at in Minneapolis. I always stay here when I travel to the metro. I hosted a large birthday get together here last year and received an upgrade to one of their larger suites. It was perfect. This last visit was also great. I was in town on business and had to stay at a different hotel the previous night. Big mistake. I was spoiled by the staff at The W when they learned their competitor didn't deliver. I have plans to stay again next week! 5 stars.

Room Tip: Spend a couple extra dollars and get at least a Spectacular Room!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Hello jbrown0113,

Thank you for sharing your 5 star review of W Minneapolis-The Foshay with the TripAdvisor community! So glad you could experience W Minnie for an exciting birthday celebration, and enjoyed your stay during business travel as well. We are here for Whatever/Whenever, and it is our pleasure to accommodate your requests and wishes. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Staff in the halls were rude and so was security. I will never stay here again or step foot in it. I was not a valued guest/customer. I absolutely do not recommend this hotel. There are much better hotels in Mpls with much more pleasing staff.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Neeshi
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hello Neeshi,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. My personal apologies you were not pleased with our talent during your W experience. We are firmly committed to providing a W experience, and want to know when one of our valued guests has had a disappointing stay with W Hotels. Please know safety and security concerns are taken very seriously; at your convenience, please see my direct message to further discuss your visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Wonderful stay at W Foshay Minneapolis! Arriving late at night, I've been warmly welcomed in this design and very well situated hotel in the city of Minneapolis. Lobby is cosy and the purple light will make you feel relax and comfortable. I had a corner room with great view on the city, huge bed with high quality mattress, bathroom was big also with lots of amenities. Definitely a good choice, I'll get back there for sure for my next stay in Minneapolis !!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room to enjoy more room / space and great view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Bonjour, fguitteny,

Thank you for making W Minneapolis-The Foshay your hotel choice in the Twin Cities! I am so pleased to hear you have found comfort in your guestroom and our hotel overall, in the historic Foshay Tower. Please enjoy your visit and the city views from your guestroom!

Best Regards,