“An excellent example of what a hotel should be”

W Minneapolis - The Foshay
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
San Francisco, CA
“An excellent example of what a hotel should be”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The W branding strongly carries itself, but it says something when each and every staff member goes out of their way to provide professional and individualized service to you. I've stayed at many W Hotels across the nation and I will say that the W Foshay is, by far, my new favorite. Each staff member was attentive, kind and very helfpul. The hotel is clean and the rooms were impeccably serviced with a thoughful touch to detail. Being away from my family while I travel on business is hard enough and I felt that staying at the W Foshay gave me sense of calm and a wonderful living space while I was away. I would highly recommend that anyone traveling to Minneapolis stay here.

Room Tip: HIgher floor on a corner is great!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello MarinLivin,

Greetings from the Midwest, and thank you for being our guest at W Minneapolis-The Foshay! Thank you for the kind words regarding our professional and caring talent; who take pride in making our guests feel most at home and delivering personalized Whatever/Whenever service to all. W Minneapolis looks forward to your next visit to the iconic Foshay Tower!

Cheers,
Matthew Hawkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Korean first
Marshall, Minnesota
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was by far my best hotel experience in Minneapolis. From before I even got there to check out time I received top notch service! Each employee I had talked to made sure everything was the way I wanted it to be!They know how to host their guests.

• Stayed March 2014
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Hello Nate212,

Thank you for visiting W Minneapolis-The Foshay, and for your fabulous feedback regarding your W experience! Our Whatever/Whenever guest service philosophy is a way of life here at W, and it is our pleasure to make your time with us most memorable. It will be a pleasure to have you return again soon, enjoy the spring!

New Ulm, Minnesota
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is by far the nicest hotels to stay at in Minneapolis. I always stay here when I travel to the metro. I hosted a large birthday get together here last year and received an upgrade to one of their larger suites. It was perfect. This last visit was also great. I was in town on business and had to stay at a different hotel the previous night. Big mistake. I was spoiled by the staff at The W when they learned their competitor didn't deliver. I have plans to stay again next week! 5 stars.

Room Tip: Spend a couple extra dollars and get at least a Spectacular Room!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hello jbrown0113,

Thank you for sharing your 5 star review of W Minneapolis-The Foshay with the TripAdvisor community! So glad you could experience W Minnie for an exciting birthday celebration, and enjoyed your stay during business travel as well. We are here for Whatever/Whenever, and it is our pleasure to accommodate your requests and wishes. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Cheers,
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Staff in the halls were rude and so was security. I will never stay here again or step foot in it. I was not a valued guest/customer. I absolutely do not recommend this hotel. There are much better hotels in Mpls with much more pleasing staff.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Neeshi
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hello Neeshi,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. My personal apologies you were not pleased with our talent during your W experience. We are firmly committed to providing a W experience, and want to know when one of our valued guests has had a disappointing stay with W Hotels. Please know safety and security concerns are taken very seriously; at your convenience, please see my direct message to further discuss your visit.
Paris, France
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Wonderful stay at W Foshay Minneapolis! Arriving late at night, I've been warmly welcomed in this design and very well situated hotel in the city of Minneapolis. Lobby is cosy and the purple light will make you feel relax and comfortable. I had a corner room with great view on the city, huge bed with high quality mattress, bathroom was big also with lots of amenities. Definitely a good choice, I'll get back there for sure for my next stay in Minneapolis !!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room to enjoy more room / space and great view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bonjour, fguitteny,

Thank you for making W Minneapolis-The Foshay your hotel choice in the Twin Cities! I am so pleased to hear you have found comfort in your guestroom and our hotel overall, in the historic Foshay Tower. Please enjoy your visit and the city views from your guestroom!

Best Regards,
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I would like to share how very impressed I am with the staff at your hotel. Upon arrival after an extremely long stressful day Alex checked me in and offered suggestions for a light dinner and drink. The room placement was ideal. This morning James continued the same high level customer attention, offering late check out due to a flight delay and answering my many questions about the city and surrounding area.

Both of these gentlemen were professional, courteous and extremely helpful. Alex and James are an asset to your hotel. In the future, because of these employees I will not hesitate, when in Minneapolis,on staying at the W.

Best,

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Welcome EAMST,
Thank you for sharing this special review from your recent experience at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. It will be a pleasure to share your review with Alex, James and the rest of our talent here at W Minnie. We are here for Whatever/Whenever and are more than happy to accommodate your requests for a true W experience. We look forward to your return, thank you!
Best Wishes,
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've always wanted to stay at any W Hotel, so our friends got us 2 nights for our wedding as our gift (12-30 and 31 2013). Very hip, very cool and great staff. As we checked in they asked if there was a special event, and I told them we were getting married 12-31-13, so they did a nice room upgrade.

The rooms are a little dated and run down. I think they get a lot of Hotwire or Expedia deal seekers staying there, because it was a bit tired. Maybe I expected more of a Starwood property?

If you are like me and always wanted to stay at a W Hotel and get a deal, do it. Otherwise there are other much nicer hotels in MSP for less money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello BorisAndMilo,

Congratulations on your recent marriage from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! What a pleasure to have you celebrate your new adventure together here at the historic Foshay Tower. My apologies the condition of your guest room fell short of expectations. At your convenience, please see my direct message as I would like to personally inspect your guestroom to address any engineering or housekeeping concernsimmediately. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to W Minneapolis in the future.