W Minneapolis - The Foshay
$165
$161
LeMeridien.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$114
$116
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
1,340 results
All reviewsobservation deckmanny's steakhousefoshay towerliving roombliss productscorner roomhistoric buildingcupcakesart decomini bartop floorrain showermain floorwater pressureshower headhell's kitchenvalet parking
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I recently spent our 10 year anniversary overnight at the W Foshay. It was an incredible experience!! The lobby is gorgeous, staff is welcoming and rooms are beautiful and modern. We were first placed in a room with a beautiful view but it was near the elevators. I don't normally care but this was a very special occasion and so we called down and asked if they could find a quieter room for us. Within minutes a doorman came up to our room, carried our bags and escorted us to another room that was perfect for us. We had plans out for dinner and music but loved the room, the view and the comfy bathrobes so much that we stayed in for the whole night ordering delicious food from Manny's Steakhouse and toasting with champagne. The king bed was incredibly comfortable and we didn't hear a sound from any of the other rooms the entire night. I really appreciate that they expect guests to keep quiet when staying there because that was exactly what we were looking for. We both had the best sleep we've had in a long time. I highly recommend the W! We hope to spend many more staycations there!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors- 16 and up have great views of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Welcome mplssweetlife,

Congratulations on your recent 10 year wedding anniversary, and thank you so much for celebrating with us at W Minneapolis-The Foshay! I am thrilled to hear you had such a fabulous W experience, and we could easily accommodate your request for a more quietly located guest room! I’m happy to read that you took advantage of our wonderful amenities, from the Bliss Spa bathroom products, to the complimentary plush bathrobes and the W Signature beds that look out on the beautiful Minneapolis skyline. I anticipate your next say with us in the iconic Foshay Tower, for a night on the town with buzzing entertainment, or a lovely night in!

Cheers!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Located in ther midst of downtown, this stylish hotel is very comfortable with great amenities. My only reason for not giving it a 5 star rating was my ersonal preference for retaining the original art deco architecture thorought. The main bar was excellent and very friendly. The restaurant was superb, but quite expensive.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Greetings, baritoneglck,

Thank you for following up on your recent W Minneapolis-The Foshay experience. I am happy to hear you took comfort in your conveniently located Foshay Tower guest room with fabulous amenities and luxury bedding. We look forward to having you back for another great stay or for a sip in the Living Room Bar.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

For context, this comes from a die hard SPG fan who has lifetime elite status with SPG. I was excited for the opportunity to stay at the Foshay due to its historical significance to Minneapolis. However, the room smelled funny, the elevators slow, and the staff unhelpful. The first two are self descriptive, so I will elaborate on the third. Staff provided errant answers to questions, the driver of the Acura went into a rage at some other driver before realizing he had passengers in the car. And what's with the 'we won't pick you up' policy? If returning to Minneapolis, I would not stay at the W again.

1  Thank TheOpsDoctor

Hello TheOpsDoctor,

Thank you for communicating your recent stay at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. W Minneapolis is firmly committed to providing a Whatever/Whenever W experience. We appreciate your brand loyalty to Starwood Preferred Guest & your reflections are very important to me. It’s upsetting to read that your guest room had a smell, and the onsite lifts were slow in the historic Foshay Tower. I would like to extend my personal apologies that our talent did not meet your expectations regarding your inquiries, and the behavior of the Acura driver was less than desirable. These behaviors, I can assure you, will be addressed immediately. I would love to have a future opportunity gain your trust back within W Minneapolis-The Foshay. Please see my follow up message regarding details of your stay.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very professional, quite, nice, all around a perfect 10... Doormen are the most generous in helping with bags, valet service and directions ANYWHERE. The front desk will cater to your needs as needed. Stayed here twice and I am from MIami, I highly recommend it. Some rooms are small as to the higher floor you get the smaller the room but the better the view. The location is extremely central as I am a runner and the beautiful Minneapolis River is closely located. I love the dark look in the hotel it potrays a quite, peaceful environment while vacationing.

Room Tip: HIgher rooms better view but smaller size.

Hello Marlyn R,

What a wonderful review to share with the Trip Advisor community; thank you for staying with us at W Minneapolis-The Foshay! It is genuinely the pleasure of our talent, from Welcome Ambassadors, Wheels valet, the Welcome Desk and everyone else at W, to accommodate your needs and make each stay most memorable! Come back soon to relax and rejuvenate, while taking in breathtaking views of downtown Minneapolis. Thank you Marlyn R!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at W for a conference as the hotels next to the conference center was sold out. The price is quite a bit cheaper than the conference hotels. What a delight! W is not too far away from the conference center and is located in one of the most important historical buildings in Minneapolis. That alone is worth a visit. The room is reasonably large (compared to other W hotels) with large windows looking out towards the city. The front desk staff was also very efficient and helpful in pointing out directions and recommending restaurants.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the Fashay Museum and the observation desk on the top floor.
Thank bin.gu

Hello bin.gu,

Thank you for choosing W Minneapolis for accommodations during your conference, what a pleasure to have you as our guest! The Foshay Tower is truly one of the greatest Art Deco landmarks, modeled after the Washington Monument and the only skyscraper listed on the National Register of Historic Places. So glad you visited the Foshay Museum and observation deck to take in the unique history of the building! Come back soon for business, pleasure or to celebrate another Whatever/Whenever experience.

Cheers!