W Minneapolis - The Foshay
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $254/night.

$159
LeMeridien.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$186
$158
Curio.com
  • Room Service
Millennium Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$125
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$95
$93
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$305
$247
Hilton Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
$188
$177
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

$152
$169
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$106
$93
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

1,346 results
All reviewsobservation deckmanny's steakhousefoshay towerliving roombliss productshistoric buildingcorner roomcupcakesart decomini bartop floorrain showermain floorwater pressurevalet parkinghell's kitchenbusiness trip
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The neon pink hotel lobby might have been cool ten years ago, but now it's just a migraine waiting to happen. The rooms are a good size, the bathroom was a nice size and well equipped. But the building is old and it shows. Our room smelled musty and there was no fan in the bathroom, probably no way to put one in, either, and so the room absorbed all the shower steam so maybe that's why. The on-site steak house looked amazing but didn't get a chance to try it. The gym looked great at first - points for having restrooms and water right there - but the cardio equipment was old and half of it was non-functional. There was a confused looking maintenance guy there, trying to figure out how to put an elliptical machine back together, during most of my workout.

The staff was very nice and helpful. On check-in they switched me to a room with two beds since I was traveling with my sister. Very convenient location to explore downtown. You can walk around easily from here.

There was a ridiculous charge of $6 to use the business center for 15 minutes in order to print out my boarding pass. Not cool. Didn't get to check out the upstairs bar because it is closed on Sundays. Too bad, it looks nice on-line. The downstairs bar is comfy and nice place to relax a bit before/after dinner.

All in all, this is a nice hotel, but it desperately needs a facelift. The neon has got to go. And the rooms just felt kind of worn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Welcome Elily,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the historic Foshay Tower. I am sorry to hear SWEAT, our fitness center, was not fully operational during your stay. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have shared your review with the department leaders at W Minneapolis to ensure equipment is set to all functionality and safety standards.

I am glad we were able to provide room accommodations to fit your liking. I invite you to utilize either the departure kiosk or Concierge team for your complimentary boarding pass printing needs. I hope that you will consider staying at W Minneapolis in the future; it was my pleasure to read and respond to your review.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I travel to the Twin Cities a lot and have stayed at most of the hotels in town. Great deal at the W on the weekend I was there. Exactly what you would expect from the W in terms of decor and room. I had dinner at the steakhouse in the hotel which was a treat as well.

There was a slight delay on room service delivery the first night I was there but they quickly called up and informed me. The on duty manager actually came up with the staff who delivered the food and took care of the bill for me on the spot.

One of the best in town and great service!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Samuel C

Hi Samuel C!

Thank you so much for the fabulous review! W Minneapolis takes pride in our Whatever/Whenever service standard and I am pleased your in room dining experience was remedied quickly and efficiently. I wish you safe travels to your next W hotel destination. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest!

Cheers,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed here for a convention recently. The decor provided a very modern feel. The staff were friendly enough. You do pay for the extras at this hotel. The prohibition bar happy hour was a fun place to visit and finding a quiet spot o read in the living room was awesome during the day. The concierge we spoke with was very helpful as well as Jason the young man who helped us with our bags. Overall an ok stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Judyakaslice,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at W Minneapolis. I am happy you got to take in the gorgeous views of the city from Prohibition, and glad you could relax in the Living Room. It is my pleasure to pass on your kind words to the team. Hope to see you soon for another W experience!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The staff at the W, Foshay responded to our concerns regarding a pet friendly atmosphere. They were tremendously accommodating, and tried to respond to our concerns. I appreciated their make the best out of a difficult situation. They were kind to us, gracious, and tried to understand. Still, the process of booking a hotel through a third party (Priceline, for this stay) should be as transparent and customer-friendly as any other means of doing business.

The hotel is delightful, historic, and surrounded by wonderful restaurants, and entertaining venues.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Mark O,

Hello from W Minneapolis! Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community! We are committed to make sure that the booking process is simple for any guest trying to secure accommodations at our hotel. We appreciate your gracious feedback and glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. Cheers to a safe & warm summer.

Best,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Overall, I was very impressed with this property. I stayed 4 nights for work and it is a short 3-5 minute walk from the Convention Center. I was also able to walk to Target Field with no problem, and the entire area felt clean, safe and welcoming. As far as the hotel itself, it's sexy - like all W's. The color and lighting schemes were obviously well thought-out and the hotel is in an old office building that was completely retrofit to make the W. The service was fantastic. Jason at the front desk was extremely accommodating and helpful each of the several times I sought his assistance. I went to both bars in the hotel and they were fantastic and full of beautiful people. The only reasons I didn't give this a 5/5 is because: 1) the television, for some reason, couldn't tune to a few channels, including NBC (Phil from maintenance was very good/responsive, but ultimately, it couldn't get fixed -- they did give me a $20 folio credit for a few movie, though; and 2) when I ordered some food around 1am, it arrived cold and was grossly overpriced ($30 for chicken tenders and fries) -- but, again, when I brought this to Jason's attention, he credited my folio $30. The bottom line is simple: I'd stay here again in a heartbeat and thought it was a very nice property.

Room Tip: 1709 - "cozy corner room" - very spacious for a longer stay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Peak78,

Hello from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! We appreciate you taking the time to reflect and share your experience with us! We want to apologize that our engineering team was unable to diagnose and resolve your TV however I hope that you found our service credit efforts satisfactory. We'll make sure that we share your review with our talent and we appreciate the warm words you had to share about them assisting you during the service recovery. We thank you for this kind review and welcome you back to the historic W Minneapolis-The Foshay!

W Minneapolis-The Foshay