“Anniversary weekend”

W Minneapolis - The Foshay
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great location! We stayed downtown for proximity to bike trails and walking ease. Staff was accommodating and stored bikes behind the desk. We requested an in room Keurig and it was promptly delivered. Despite many over indulged young partiers, we were not bothered by noise at all.

We travel lots and this was our first stay in a W hotel. I liked the design, the lighting, the corner room, and luxury shower. We were too busy riding the bike trails to try out the fitness center or the happy hours and restaurants.

We had a very enjoyable stay. I would recommend!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Tennisbobbi,

Thank you for allowing W Minneapolis-The Foshay to be a part of your special occasion. It was our pleasure to be your home away from home and it's great to read that our guests are getting out and enjoying the amazing outdoor activities that are so close to downtown Minneapolis.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Another great stay at the Foshay. I'm amazed every time that I go of the comfort-ability of the beds, along with the amazing showers and overall cleanliness of the entire hotel! The only downfall to my latest stay was it was only one night long! In town on business, I was unable to stay any longer.

Room Tip: Room's higher up provide a better view of the city!

Amandajean1105,

Thank you for your continued brand loyalty to W Minneapolis-The Foshay! It was our pleasure to have you as our guest! We wish you an incredible summer!

Best,

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great hotel. Unfortunately, the recognition for SPG Platinum status leaves room for improvement. My 4th floor Corner Cool Room provided a great view of a brick wall. I also don't understand why W hotels don't have a coffee maker in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. My Corner Cool Room had a great view of a brick wall.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Hello wpmurphy,

Thank for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community; it’s my pleasure to respond to your review. I want to offer a sincere apology that we weren’t able to offer a higher guestroom at the time of check-in. We love our Starwood Preferred Guest members and want to make sure that are doing everything we can do accommodate their wishes & benefits of the SPG program. We’ll be sure to make a note on our end to ensure that a lift will take you to accommodations much higher than you experience during your recent visit with us.
As for the coffee makers in the room; W Hotels Worldwide believes in cultivating conversations in common areas especially in the morning; that’s what you’ll find many of our guests doing in our W Café located on our 1st floor offering complimentary coffee! However, we understand that some guests would prefer to have their cup of joe bedside and that’s just fine; coffee makers are available for delivery through our Whatever/Whenever service! Thank you for allowing W Minneapolis-The Foshay to be your home away from home!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is the fifth W Hotel I've stayed in.

I love the Bliss products.

The entire staff was delightful. The room was clean and very comfortable. I wish I had more time to experience more of the hotel - I'll bet the bar up on the high floor is really cool but I didn't have time. Good central location in downtown Minneapolis. All good.

Room Tip: There are rooms directly opposite the elevator doors and although they're fairly quiet, I'd...

Hello MoreFFmiles,

Thank you for sharing this incredible review with the Trip Advisor community! I appreciate the effort that it takes to reflect on such hotel stays and your words couldn't be any more generous. I am sorry to hear that you were on so busy on the go, you weren't able to stop in and enjoy the views that the 360 degree view and amazing libations Prohibition Bar has to offer; next time!

Whatever/Whenever,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the W to celebrate an anniversary and it was a much better stay than I expected. We had some trouble booking our stay but once we got there it was a great experience. When we arrived we were upgraded to a corner king room and also for enrolling in the free rewards program we were given a free in room movie. I suggest not enrolling in the rewards program prior to check in so you can receive this benefit.

Room Tip: We signed up for there free rewards program and got upgraded to a corner room and received a free in...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hello duster47,

First of all, I want to take a moment to say congratulations and thank you for allowing W Minneapolis-The Foshay to be a part of such an incredible milestone! My apologies that you had a couple bumps securing your home away from home with us however glad that in the end, we were able to provide a positive experience! See you soon!

Cheers!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I really enjoyed the W in Minneapolis. The Foshay building is cool and the Prohibition Bar on the 27th floor, Foshay's office/study, is awesome. They have a nice happy hour and an atmosphere that resonates well. Some people say they don't like the purple in the rooms or the pink mini bar but it's a W, come on, if you want traditional stay at the Ivy. I had the upgraded "spectacular" room which was fine but I can't really imagine how upgraded it really could have been... Maybe just the view or high floor?

The room was of reasonable size and the bed was comfortable. I actually liked the mini bar, deck and bathroom setup.

Manny's steakhouse in the lobby was great. The lobby bar turned into a full on club on Saturday night, which seems perfect for a downtown W and the Acura Car service is a nice touch for getting around town.

Overall I felt I got a great value on a great hotel. Some may complain about the atmosphere but I feel it was very in line with what the brand represents itself to be.

This was a business trip but were I looking to visit Minneapolis for a personal trip I would certainly stay at the W!

Hello bmordski,

Greetings from the Historic Foshay Tower! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your unique, fun, yet flirty experience at W Minneapolis-The Foshay! I hope you enjoyed our complimentary Acura car service; we know our guests are always on the go scene; it is a pleasure to read that you were able to utilize the service. When you find yourself back in Minneapolis-The Foshay; we’ll be here for you!

Whatever/Whenever,

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at the W Minneapolis in April for two nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We primarily chose the W because we enjoy Manny's, but the hotel experience turned out to be just as great! Check in was seamless, we loved the energy of the hotel from the valet to the reception area. We stayed in a standard room (Wonderful Room), the decor was very modern, chic and spotlessly clean. Our first evening we enjoyed dinner at Manny's, and then joined up with some friends in the Living Room. Not only were we impressed with the hotel and the service - the restaurants, bars/lounges were fantastic as well. We wanted privacy for most of our stay ( a weekend away without the kids), and that is what we got. We plan on making this an annual tradition.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

MinneapolisMomof3,

Hello from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special wedding anniversary celebration; it was our pleasure to have you as our guest on such an incredible occasion. I can’t thank you enough for sharing your 5 star review with the trip advisor community! It’s my pleasure to welcome you back to the historic Foshay even if it’s just to say hello!

Cheers to the next anniversary,