“Great Staff”

Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Great Staff”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have always wanted to try the W and a good rate made for a good excuse to try it out. The staff were all great and always aimed to please.

The corner king room was spacious and I really have no complaints about it. Some minor annoyances were the too few elevators for the many floors/rooms/guests.

The hotel certainly attracts a more young, "hip" crowd. This may be a pro or a con depending on who you are. It made me feel old...at 36.

I tried both Prohibition and the Living Room. Both were way overpriced in my opinion. $15 for a drink seems outrageous to me. The drinks were good and interesting, but not worth the price tag in my opinion. The happy hour was a good value with some $5 drink and food specials.

All in all it was pleasant stay and I would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TonyA987
WMpls-Foshay, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
TonyA987,

Hello, we hope this response to your review finds you well. Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent experience at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. I appreciate your feedback and it was my pleasure to read and respond to your review. Thank you for the recommendation for our hotel; we are truly thankful.

Best,
Matthew Hawkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for my fiance's birthday. It was the best experience ever. The staff could not have been more wonderful and helpful and friendly! They helped us with each request and offered great suggestions for making the evening a special one. The location cannot be beat. We were able to easily walk around downtown. The Prohibition Bar offers an amaizng nighttime view of the city, the Observation deck is extrememly unique and the rooms are very modern. Overall, great experience, great rooms, great food and great staff!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chelsea g
chelsea g,
Hello from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! We are incredibly thankful for this wonderful review that you have chosen to share with the Trip Advisor community! It was our pleasure to have you and your fiancé as our guests and so thrilled that you enjoyed the ultimate whatever/whenever W experience! I hope to see you around the historic Foshay Tower; even if it's just to say hello!

Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at the W when I arrived in town for business was very sick with Strep throat. I had just got medication and the staff was so sweet, they sent me chicken soup the chef made me with crackers and some ginger ale. I mostly stayed in my room for two days, but; they called twice to check on me and even offered to do any near by errands.

I was so impressed with the staff and service I received, they are incredible! I loved the soft bedding and cleanliness of the room to be away from home so suddenly ill.

Thank you! I love the hotel and the fabulous staff. You were seamless!

Room Tip: I think all of the their rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sunnynlajolla
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hello sunnynlajolla,

Good day from W Minneapolis-The Foshay; although it’s winter here, having the pleasure to respond to a guest who resides in sunny California warms the heart! Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review with the Trip Advisor community! My apologies that you fell under the weather however I am happy to hear that the team was able to give you moments in your day that made you feel better; it was my pleasure to respond to your review!

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a Lady Gaga concert and booked using a discounted rate through a different website. Sometimes when you get a low rate I feel that the hotel doesn’t give you the full attention you deserve like the rest of the guests at the hotel. This wasn’t the case. The service at this hotel was fabulous! Everyone from the doorman to the front desk were all very helpful! A few things you’ll want to know:

-Make sure to stop in at the bar on the 27th floor during happy hour. Five star martinis for only $5 and an awesome view!

-In the morning they have free coffee in nice “to-go” cups in Manny’s steakhouse on the first floor….good coffee!

-Don’t pay to drink the bottled water in the room. Go to the gym (on the 2nd floor). There is free water in their ridge!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Holly S
Hello Holly S,

We hope you had a great time at the Lady Gaga concert; from what we hear it was the show to be at! Thank you allowing us to have the opportunity to have you as our guest! We are truly committed to each of our guests; dedicated service is what we like to call it! It was my absolute pleasure to respond.

Cheers,
winnipeg manitoba
Reviewed February 8, 2013

i was in minni for one night & used trip advisor to find this hotel. it was a king + room, so clean i actually walked around in my BARE FEET. the bed was ++ comfy, the decor was art deco,very nice,the staff was helpful, the gym was clean & had bottled water & snacks for free in a fridge. it was central,close to the major sports centers...i have paid well over 300$ for room & hotels no where near as nice..only 105$

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ziggy002
Hello ziggy002,

I love it when our guests express their joyfulness about the great times they have had at W Minneapolis-The Foshay and especially went they felt the value was great! I am so excited to share your review with the entire team and on behalf of our hotel; we can’t thank you enough for the gracious review.

Keep Warm,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Really nice place to stay. Nice and stylish, with a dark and moody feel. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. A lot of bed accessories... Furnishings are beautiful.
There's a fun musuem at the top with an observation deck/lookout where you can see the city.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have a window in the bathroom and are a bit smaller. I was lucky to have a very...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nellosaurus
Hello nellosaurus,

We hope you’re staying warm during these winter months! Thank you for the wonderful review you have left for us about your most recent W experience. I appreciate the work you have put into your Trip Advisor reviews and look forward to many more!

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at the W Minneapolis and we had an amazing time. The rooms were just right, and very clean. The 27th floor bar was very nice. At first I was worried about paying that much to valet our car, but it's better than trying to find somewhere to park downtown. The entire staff was very professional and friendly. They did everything for us! We would like to especially thank Brian,Jeremy and Kyle for helping us with everything we needed.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank DonnieG1978
Hello DonnieG1978,

Greetings from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are very thankful to have star talent who do everything they can to make guest experiences unique and personal at our hotel. We hope to see you at the historic Foshay Tower in the near future.