“Fun little vacation”

Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Fun little vacation”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here for just one night, and it was perfect for a mini getaway. We had a standard suite, and it still felt very nice and had really cool decor. The bed was especially comfortable, and the option of choosing the type of pillow you want was great. The entire stay we felt well cared for, the valet were extremely timely and polite, and we left feeling rested and relaxed.

Room Tip: If you want a good view, stay at least above the 4th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aliceelizabeth
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello aliceelizabeth,

Season’s Greetings from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know how things went for you during your stay. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our pillow selections along with the W Hotels signature mattress! I hope to see you back at the Foshay Tower soon!

Best,
Matthew Hawkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I asked front desk about getting to Rochester Mn, had no idea. I got to room, no plugs at desk for computer, cell phone, etc. Is this too hip to be a business hotel? Old fashioned wiring despite facelift. Surly staff. Asked for teapot in room, it was there, but no cups. A woman came who without a smile brought a cup. This is upscale? A Hilton Garden Inn would have anticipated more than this. Last visit

Room Tip: I tried this as an alternative to the Westin, but will likely go back there in the future.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Physician005
Hello Physician005,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. On behalf of my hotel, I would like to apologize for the mediocre level of service that you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to make sure that our staff has access to the tools necessary so that when asked a question, they can do their best to make sure you get accurate directions to your destination. Personally, I would like you to know that we are spending quality time with each of our talent members so they are well prepared for situations that they may not know the answers to. We truly believe in our Whatever/Whenever philosophy. We want to make sure that we are acknowledging the smallest of details so that our guests feel they are receiving the best experience at our hotel. I hope that we have a future opportunity to have you as our guest at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. Please see my direct message for further conversation.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel is very hip and trendy. Cool atmosphere. Our room was a good size and clean. It was a bit cold but we cranked the heat and it was fine. We stopped up at the Prohibition bar which was relaxed and comfortable but small selection for beers and wine. That was our first night we were very impressed. Our second night it starts to go downhill. The next morning the room was freezing again. The rain forest shower was a bit of a joke. The water was either Luke warm or burning hot and was literally a sprinkle of a shower. That mixed with the cold room did not make for pleasant morning experience.
After being out and about all day we were ready to relax and have an early night. But by early evening the downstairs bar was already loud and crowded. At the elevators there were several non guests going to the Prohibition bar which meant the paying guests were stuck waiting. Finally we reached our room which was only on the 3rd floor and the entire floor including our room included smelt like cooked meat, my guess would be from the steak house downstairs. This smell stayed through out the entire night. This was accompanied with loud and rowdy groups going up and down to their rooms and the bars above and below us. Not a restful relaxing night.
So overall it was good and bad. The hotel and rooms are nice for the money but if your looking for a quiet place you may want to stay elsewhere or don't book on a weekend. Saturday night at least the place turns into partyville with little respect to the guests staying there.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Viv333333
MattHaw3019, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello Viv333333,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience at W Minneapolis-The Foshay; it’s my pleasure to respond. I am terribly sorry that you had an uncomfortable second night due to heat related issues. In addition, we also want to make every effort to ensure that the issue is resolved so that future guests don’t encounter the same issue. Finally, we always want to make sure that our guests are 100% comfortable throughout their entire stay. Please see my direct message to further our conversation.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights in a Wow suite. The hotel has the feel of a boutique style hotel. The hotel has Art Deco design I liked how it was decorated.
The suite was well appointed. The bed, pillows and linens were very comfortable.
The bathroom had a separate shower and bathtub. The only negative I have about the suite was the location of the bathroom door. It was a sliding door situated at the end of the king sized bed. It was cumbersome and noisy to open and close. It was difficult to use the bathroom at night without disturbing the other partner.
The view from the room was good. The hotel is conveniently located near restaurants, bars and shopping.
All staff we encountered were professional and friendly.
We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank chloe4245
Hello chloe4245,
Thank you for choosing to stay at W Minneapolis-The Foshay! I’m happy that you were able to stay in style in our WOW suite! Thank you for bringing the bathroom door to our attention; I have informed my Director of Engineer and we are looking into the issue that was enlisted in your review. I enjoyed reading your review and hope to see you at W Minneapolis-The Foshay in the near future.

Minneapolis
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I hosted a Girls Night and this was a great location for everything.
*Drinks*Dinner*Clubs*Great Service* :) I will be back.

I had a hard time finding the best location to start a Girls' Night in Minneapolis... The Foshay was great, they gave me a tour of the room prior so I knew what I was going into for planning. They informed me that the tower was FREE with your stay! *All the ladies loved going up to the tower after dinner. The Suites were BIG and provided room for games and conversation.

I consider myself an INFORMED party planner and will be doing my next event here again!
*The Suites were sexy and big*

Thank you Foshay for a great night!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JillyMinneapolis
JillyMinneapolis,

Greetings from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! This is a terrific review and we couldn’t thank you enough for sharing with the Trip Advisor Community! It’s exciting to read that your entire party had a wonderful time while you were with us! Thanks again for allowing us to be a part of the festivities; see you at your next event! I look forward to sharing your review with the entire team!

Somerset, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 26, 2012

What a great hotel. We were here for Halloween and I feel like the staff treated us well. The option of going up the upstairs bar or the Living room was great. Neat decor and classy all the way through.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hello kruezers,

Hello There! Thank you for spending Halloween with us! The Red Carpet to Hell party is always a great time; with a plethora of creativity on display! Thank you for sharing with us your personal experience; we hope to see you again next year!

North Dakota
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the W Foshay Downtown Minneapolis for my 40th birthday celebration. There were several couples that joined us and everyone was very pleased with the hotel. A very classy and unique decor. We loved the ambiance and the cleanliness of the hotel. The staff and service exceeded our expectations! We will definitely be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sunOworshipper,
Happy Holidays from W Minneapolis-The Foshay! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your 40th Birthday celebration! I appreciate you taking the time to follow up and share your experience with the Trip Advisor Community! We can’t wait to have you and your friends back at the historic Foshay!